0

Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Reply
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

 

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead, but may still change.

 

Thursday 1st

               

  • Direct Store TV (Satellite 678) closes permanently
  • Get Lucky (Satellite 905) changes from a part-day channel to 24 hour broadcast

 

Friday 2nd

 

  • Feel Good (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302)  renames to SkySupernatural / SupernaturalHD (temporary change)

 

Saturday 3rd

               

  • Sky Star Trek (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Bourne /Sky Bourne HD (temporary change)
  • Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to SkyBritishIcons / BritishIcons HD (temporary change)
  • ​​Sky Animation (Satellite 305 – Glass/Stream 305) changes name to Illumination HD (temporary change)

Monday 5th

               

  • Sky Bourne (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) renames to Middle Earth / MiddleEarthHD (temporary change)
  • Sky Illumination (Satellite 305 - Glass/Stream 305) changes name to SkyAnimationHD (reverting from a temporary change)
  • Sky Supernatural (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) changes name to Sky Valentine/SkyValentineHD (temporary change)

 

Sports changes on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only

 

  • TNTSports1 HD (412) moves to 413 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI
  • TNTSports2 HD (413) moves to 414 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI 
  • TNTSports3 HD (414) moves to 415 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI 
  • TNTSports3 HD (414) moves to 415 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI 
  • TNTSports4 HD (415) moves to 416 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI
  • Eurosport 1 HD (416) moves to 417 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI   
  • Eurosport 2 HD (417) moves to 418 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI 
  • GINX TV HD (418) moves to 419 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK only
  • Premier Sports 1 HD (418) moves to 419 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in ROI only
  • Premier Sports 2 HD (419) moves to 420 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in ROI only  

 

Friday 9th 

               

  • Sky Sports Arena SD moves from 866 to 867 on satellite only in the UK only
  • Sky Sports Arena HD moves from 408 to 412 on satellite only in the UK and ROI
  • Sky Sports News HD moves from 867 to 866 on satellite only in the UK and ROI
  • Sky Sports Mix moves from 416 to 425 on satellite only in ROI only
  • Sky Sports Arena SD moves from 408 to 416 on satellite only in ROI only
  • Sky Sports Arena HD moves from 408 to 410 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI
  • Sky Sports Racing HD moves from 410 to 411 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI
  • Sky Sports Mix HD moves from 411 to 412 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only in the UK and ROI

Saturday 10th

 

  • Sky Family (Satellite 306/850 - Glass/Stream 306) renames to WizardingWorld/WizardingWldHD
  • (temporary change)

Sky Sports Tennis

  • Sky customers can use Voice to search for Sky Sports Tennis, making finding the channel really easy!
  • From the 11 February, Sky Sports Tennis will be on 408, before transitioning to 407 which will be the permanent channel home from 13 February.
  • From 13 February (after the Super Bowl), Sky Sports Action will move to 408 and Sky Sports Arena will be on 412.

Monday 12th

 

  • Sky Middle Earth (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)

 

Tuesday 13th

 

  • Sky Sports NFL (Satellite 407/865 - Glass/Stream 407) renames to SkySp Action / SkySp ActionHD
  • Sky Sports Action (Satellite 407 - Glass/Stream 407) swaps with Sky Sports Tennis (Satellite 408 - Glass/Stream 408)

 

Friday 16th

 

  • Sky Cinema Action (Satellite 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) changes name to Action Heroes / ActionHeroesHD
  • Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to changes name to SkyBridgetJones / BridgetJonesHD (temp)

 

Saturday 17th

 

  • Sky Wizarding World (Satellite 306/850 - Glass/Stream 306 renames to ​​Sky Family / Sky Family HD (reverting from a temporary change)
  • Sky Valentines (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to AwardsSeason  / AwardSeasonHD

Monday 19th

 

  • Sky Bridget Jones (Satellite 303 - Sky Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)
  • British Icons (Satellite 304/849 - Sky Glass/Stream 304) renames to Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD (reverting from a temporary change)

 Friday 23rd

 

  • Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Sky Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky BTTF and Sky BTTF HD (temporary change)

 Saturday 24th

 

  • Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Sky Glass/Stream 304) renames to and Sky Biopics / and SkyBiopicsHD

Monday 26th 

               

  • ​Sky Cinema Action Heroes (Satellite 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) renames to Sky Action / Sky Action HD (reverting from a temporary change)
  • ​Sky Back To The Future (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to​ ​Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)

 

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
Reply

All Replies

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Hi 

when does sky sports tennis channel go live on the sky EPG please?. Thanks Ben 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trips+out  Presumably when it launches on 11 February?  https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/sky-to-launch-new-tennis-channel-how-to-watch/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trips+out 

This thread will hopefully be updated during the week prior to the launch date. 


▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Banbury85 This message was authored by: Banbury85

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Banbury85 wrote:
If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?

It's changing its name to Sky Sports Tennis! 


Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

NFL finishes and then I guess will

 come to another channel at a later date

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024


@oj01 wrote:

@Banbury85 wrote:
If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?

It's changing its name to Sky Sports Tennis! 


It isn't a rebrand, it's new channel, Sky Sports Action & Arena continue aswell, looks like Sky acquired 412.

 

Sky Sports Arena is showing EFL on 13th & Sky Sports Action is showing Premier League Darts Glasgow on 15th for example.

This message was authored by Banbury85 This message was authored by: Banbury85

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Thank you 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Timelord2018 wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Banbury85 wrote:
If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?

It's changing its name to Sky Sports Tennis! 


It isn't a rebrand, it's new channel, Sky Sports Action & Arena continue aswell, looks like Sky acquired 412.

 

Sky Sports Arena is showing EFL on 13th & Sky Sports Action is showing Premier League Darts Glasgow on 15th for example.


@Timelord2018 412 only applies to glass/stream not satellite according to op ( @KevNewMedia are you able to clarify?)

 

edit ignore me all this moving around of channels is confusing there is a 412 on satellite from 9th February 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others


If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
KevNewMedia
Topic Author
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Sky employee

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Timelord2018 wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Banbury85 wrote:
If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?

It's changing its name to Sky Sports Tennis! 


It isn't a rebrand, it's new channel, Sky Sports Action & Arena continue aswell, looks like Sky acquired 412.

 

Sky Sports Arena is showing EFL on 13th & Sky Sports Action is showing Premier League Darts Glasgow on 15th for example.


@Timelord2018 412 only applies to glass/stream not satellite according to op ( @KevNewMedia are you able to clarify?)

 

edit ignore me all this moving around of channels is confusing there is a 412 on satellite from 9th February 


Hi Everyone

 

Here's some further information around the Tennis channel launch - I've updated the first post.

 

  • Sky customers can use Voice to search for Sky Sports Tennis, making finding the channel really easy!
  • From the 11 February, Sky Sports Tennis will be on 408, before transitioning to 407 which will be the permanent channel home from 13 February.
  • From 13 February (after the Super Bowl), Sky Sports Action will move to 408 and Sky Sports Arena will be on 412.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevNewMedia wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Timelord2018 wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Banbury85 wrote:
If sky tennis is going on channel 407 what is happening to sky sports action/NFL?

It's changing its name to Sky Sports Tennis! 


It isn't a rebrand, it's new channel, Sky Sports Action & Arena continue aswell, looks like Sky acquired 412.

 

Sky Sports Arena is showing EFL on 13th & Sky Sports Action is showing Premier League Darts Glasgow on 15th for example.


@Timelord2018 412 only applies to glass/stream not satellite according to op ( @KevNewMedia are you able to clarify?)

 

edit ignore me all this moving around of channels is confusing there is a 412 on satellite from 9th February 


Hi Everyone

 

Here's some further information around the Tennis channel launch - I've updated the first post.

 

  • Sky customers can use Voice to search for Sky Sports Tennis, making finding the channel really easy!
  • From the 11 February, Sky Sports Tennis will be on 408, before transitioning to 407 which will be the permanent channel home from 13 February.
  • From 13 February (after the Super Bowl), Sky Sports Action will move to 408 and Sky Sports Arena will be on 412.

@KevNewMedia thanks for this info 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others


If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by seandrews This message was authored by: seandrews

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Doesn't this make more sense for all channels concerned 

 

401-410 Sky Sports

401 - SSME 402 - SSPL 403 - SSF

404 - SSCRIC 405 - SSGLF 406 - SSF1

407 - SSTEN 408-SSACT 409 - SSARE

410 - SSNEWS

————------------------------------———

411-414 TNT Sports 1-4

415-416 Eurosport 1-2

————------------------------------———

417 - Sky Sports Racing

418 - Sky Sports Mix

————------------------------------———

419 -

————------------------------------———

420 - MUTV

————------------------------------———

421 - Premier Sports 1

422 - Premier Sports 2

This message was authored by Phil+E This message was authored by: Phil+E

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

I use my favorite channels section on Sky Q and put sports between 50 & 59, with cinema between 60 & 69

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phil+E 

Likewise. Much easier, especially if there are sports channels you're never going to watch. 


▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion