Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2023

This message was authored by MaryBrenda This message was authored by: MaryBrenda

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2023

It would have been helpful to have had an advanced warning of what to expect and how to restore normal service. I was watching BBC 1 at around 10.20 am yesterday when all my boxes changed to the info channel and the banner did not update the times of shows and nothing would record. I searched for an answer on line and having found the channel change  on the Twitter feed assumed it was something to do with this.  It righted itself in the late afternoon and seems to be OK now but much time and concern caused by not knowing if I needed to do anything  and losing recording option on BBC1 for several hours. Could people not be warned ahead of time if something like this happens again. ?email or announcement on website or social media?

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MaryBrenda wrote:

It would have been helpful to have had an advanced warning of what to expect and how to restore normal service. I was watching BBC 1 at around 10.20 am yesterday when all my boxes changed to the info channel and the banner did not update the times of shows and nothing would record. I searched for an answer on line and having found the channel change  on the Twitter feed assumed it was something to do with this.  It righted itself in the late afternoon and seems to be OK now but much time and concern caused by not knowing if I needed to do anything  and losing recording option on BBC1 for several hours. Could people not be warned ahead of time if something like this happens again. ?email or announcement on website or social media?

The BBC launched a website giving details of the planned changes - https://www.hdsatelliteupgrade.co.uk/ - but don't seem to have publicised it particularly well.

This message was authored by MaryBrenda This message was authored by: MaryBrenda

Well that was a well kept secret, how would anyone know it existed? Thanks for the info

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MaryBrenda wrote:

Yes, the BBC should have done more to warn their viewers 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion