Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2023

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2023

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jacklufcfan wrote:

What time do the BBC 1 changes take place at on Tuesday please? Is it overnight, at 6am or at 10am? It's just that I'm looking forward to watching BBC1 Yorkshire HD on 101! Also I've heard that BBC3 HD is to return to 115 - this being the same slot that it had before it closed down in February 2016 of course, is this true? 

The time for the change isn't usually published - it's whenever the BBC are ready to make it. 

Bear in mind that the local news may well still be SD, just upscaled to HD as most of the local studios/production suites aren't HD capable yet.

This message was authored by Jacklufcfan This message was authored by: Jacklufcfan

Just thinking will I have to rearrange my favourite channels? It's just at the moment I have BBC One HD on 1 and BBC One Yorkshire on 6. Ag least when the changes happen I'll be able to put BBC One Yorkshire HD on 1 and Channel 4 HD on 4 (which is where the latter was atbfeore the changes to that channel happened). 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Jacklufcfan wrote:

Just thinking will I have to rearrange my favourite channels?

@Jacklufcfan 

Yes you will. It'll also be handy to make a note of any BBC1 programmes you record so you can delete them (and the series links), and re-insert them to the revised channel. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jacklufcfan This message was authored by: Jacklufcfan

Thanks @Daniel0210 

The only recording I have set off BBC1 HD for the next few weeks is EastEnders, Call the Midwife etc. 

Just wondering if I have to have my boxes for the update with the new BBC HD channels to happen? 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Not sure what you are asking but the change will be automatic. You don't have to do anything.

Yeah I asked the same question on Digital Spy and someone on there told me the same thing. I just wasn't sure if you had to have the box switched off for the update to happen that's all. 

BBC One Yks HD now at 101 here in Knottingley, West Yorkshire.

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

  

@Jacklufcfan wrote:

BBC One Yks HD now at 101 here in Knottingley, West Yorkshire.

Yeah my region Yorkshire just gone Hd for me but since it changed to Hd this morning  everything has gone blank via mini tv guide will this be fixed so the thumbnail come back for mini tv guide thanks  reboot of box and Wi-Fi not worked 

371E04C9-E5DA-44A8-96B3-B3EDF78ABBE2.jpeg

DAA937C3-18B4-47DC-A6A3-81D96BDC9080.jpeg

This message was authored by impp This message was authored by: impp

BBC YORK AND LINCS HD now on my 101, but showing London region news 🤔

This message was authored by jww72 This message was authored by: jww72

Why is my region BBC1 (channel 101) BBC London when I live in the South East region? I've been watching Ch 963 because this region covers news in my area. I live by Gatwick Airport. I would like my channel 101 to be BBC South East NOT BBC London, is there any way to do this?

(I understand the HD channel 115 disappearing, and 101 changing to HD for your region, but I don't want London news, I want local news!).

This message was authored by impp This message was authored by: impp

I moved away from 101, went back and it has corrected. Must have only changed overnight and gone temporarily wappy

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

@jww72 wrote:

Why is my region BBC1 (channel 101) BBC London when I live in the South East region? I've been watching Ch 963 because this region covers news in my area. I live by Gatwick Airport. I would like my channel 101 to be BBC South East NOT BBC London, is there any way to do this?

(I understand the HD channel 115 disappearing, and 101 changing to HD for your region, but I don't want London news, I want local news!).

You will need go either contact sky help team on twitterhttps://twitter.com/skyhelpteam?s=21&t=cyi47bc6U44r0r5yGQRR7g   or contact bbc iPlayer  they are helpful on herehttps://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/need-more-help/live-chat 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

@jww72 wrote:

You will need go either contact sky help team on twitterhttps://twitter.com/skyhelpteam?s=21&t=cyi47bc6U44r0r5yGQRR7g   or contact bbc iPlayer  they are helpful on herehttps://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/need-more-help/live-chat 

Sky can't change the region shown on 101 - that's set based on your postcode and a list defined by the BBC.

This message was authored by Ev71 This message was authored by: Ev71

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Jacklufcfan wrote:

Just thinking will I have to rearrange my favourite channels?

@Jacklufcfan 

Yes you will. It'll also be handy to make a note of any BBC1 programmes you record so you can delete them (and the series links), and re-insert them to the revised channel. 

Further to this. If there are any recordings in your planner in the next week set to record on "BBC One HD" (without the region name), these are your old ones and WON'T record. They'll fail as the channel no longer exists.

If you see any scheduled recordings set for BBC One HD, you'll need to cancel it and reprogram it via the 101 EPG.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion