Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead but may still change.

Tuesday 1st

• ​Sky Sports Cricket (Satellite 404/862 - Glass 404) renames to SkySp Hundred / SkyHundredHD ​

Friday 4th

• ​Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Glass 303) changes name to SkyCreatures / SkyCreaturesHD 

Monday 7th

• Wizarding World  (Satellite 302 - Sky Glass/Stream 302) renames to Sky 5* Movies / Sky5*MoviesHD (temporary change)
  • Sky Creatures (Satellite 303 - Sky Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)

Monday 14th

• ​Sky Cinema Summer Scares (Satellite 311 - Sky Glass/Stream 311) renames to Sky ScFi/Horror / Sky ScFi/HorHD

Friday 18th

• ​Sky 5* Movies (Satellite 302 - Sky Glass/Stream 302) renames to CultClassics / CultClassicsHD
  • Sky Family (Satellite 306/850 - Sky Glass/Stream 306) renames Sky Adventure/ SkyAdventureHD

Thursday 24th

• Craft Extra (Satellite 680) rebrands to Shop Extra (permanent)

Friday 25th

• Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Sky Glass/Stream 303) changes name to BankHoliday /BankHolidayHD (temporary change)

Monday 28th August

• ​Sky Sports Arena (Satellite 408/866 - Sky Glass/Stream 408) renames to SkySp Tennis/SkySp TennisHD 
  • ​​Cult Classics (Satellite 302 - Sky Glass/Stream 302) renames to WizardingWorld/WizardingWldHD 

Tuesday 29th August

• Sky Bank Holiday (Satellite 303 - Sky Glass/Stream 303) changes name to​ ​Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD 

Wednesday 30th August

• Sky Sports The Hundred (Satellite 404/862 - Sky Glass/Stream 404) renames to SkySp Cricket / SkySpCricket HD 
  • That's 90s launches to EPG number 368 on satellite in the UK only

Thursday 31st August

• ​Launch of GREAT! tv ROI on satellite only to EPG 157 (replaces the existing UK version in ROI)
  • Launch of GREAT! movies ROI on satellite only to EPG 321 (replaces the existing UK version in ROI)

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Kirsty

Community Manager

All Replies

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

@Kirsty+S27 Thanks for pinning once again, very helpful. 
I guess you haven't got any updates with regards Discovery Plus premium? No rush though.

I am hoping and wondering we will get it in time for the new football season 😀

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony  You you asked the same thing yesterday and were given a reply, any details will be provided, when & only when it's available, asking on a daily basis won't get a faster update.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I don't need rude messages from people like you and will wait to hear from people who are considerate. I also don't need to answer to you, thank you

Kirsty+S27
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Super+Anthony 

I haven't been given an ETA for the Discovery + premium subscription. Once I do I will update the board. 

Kirsty

Community Manager

Thank u @Kirsty+S27, you very helpful

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I don't need rude messages from people like you and will wait to hear from people who are considerate. I also don't need to answer to you, thank you

In the UK, Discovery+ has 3 packages, Basic, Standard and Premium.

Basic pack has all the free-to-air channels and Entertainment channels (and content)
Standard pack has the Basic channels as well as Eurosport
Premium pack has the Basic and Standard, as well as TNT Sports.

(Free-to-air channels do not require a subscription, but do require an account)

Sky customers who originally got the Discovery+ for 12 or 24 months with Sky VIP, get the Basic and Standard packs included. New customers get the Basic pack only. 

The Premium pack is available standalone on Discovery+. TNT Sports is also available on Sky with the TNT Sports pack or through BT with the TNT Sports & HD pack.

I'm not sure whether the subscriptions are interchangeable and one Premium/TNT Sports subscription allows availability on multiple platforms.

Discovery+ UK Prices:
Basic: £3.99 per month / £39.99 per annum
Standard: £5.99 per month / £59.99 per annum

Premium: £29.99 per month

~~~~~

In Ireland, Discovery+ has the Basic and Standard packs only. The Premium pack is not available. TNT Sports is available on Sky with the Sports Extra pack which also includes Premier Sports 1 & 2. 

Discovery+ Ireland Prices:
Basic: €4.99 per month / €49.99 per annum
Standard: €6.99 per month / €69.99 per annum

We going to get the premium plus free and will be part of the package if you are already paying for TNT sports through sky

Coming soon - discovery+ premium

Sky TV customers with TNT Sports will soon get discovery+ premium.

If you don't have TNT Sports, you'll still get Entertainment and Eurosport content on discovery+ at no extra cost.

Please see previous message and we just waiting to hear when

This message was authored by Tomthecatty This message was authored by: Tomthecatty

@Super+Anthony 

It seems to me that you're the one being extremely rude to people who are just trying to be helpful. Perhaps you should consider what you are posting before you post it. 

No doubt you'll take umbrage at this post as well. 

Not sure why you think I am being rude. My last message was trying to be helpful. Sorry if you think it was not appropriate 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Super+Anthony wrote:

We going to get the premium plus free and will be part of the package if you are already paying for TNT sports through sky

Coming soon - discovery+ premium

Sky TV customers with TNT Sports will soon get discovery+ premium.

If you don't have TNT Sports, you'll still get Entertainment and Eurosport content on discovery+ at no extra cost.

Please see previous message and we just waiting to hear when

In the UK, you can watch TNT Sports on Sky by two ways: via Sky directly or via BT/EE.

• If you get TNT Sports directly from Sky, you do not get access to the Premium pack on Discovery+ and you can watch TNT Sports on your Sky devices only.
    [However you do get access to the Standard pack via the Sky Signature (Sky Q/+HD) or Ultimate TV (Sky Glass/Stream) packs.]

• If you get TNT Sports on Sky from BT/EE, you do get access to all of Discovery+ too. 

From Discovery+ Support page: 
Choose how you get TNT Sports:

• BT TV, BT Broadband, or EE: If you get TNT Sports via BT or EE, you get access to the discovery+ Premium plan for no additional cost for the duration of your TNT Sports subscription. To start streaming discovery+, go to TNT Sports via BT or EE: How do I access discovery+?
  • Sky: If you get TNT Sports via Sky, you can watch TNT Sports, Eurosport, and the Discovery channels on your Sky TV device. You also get access to the discovery+ Standard plan with your Sky subscription (Ultimate TV and Sky Signature). To start streaming discovery+, go to TNT Sports via Sky: How do I sign up for discovery+?
  • Virgin Media: If you get TNT Sports via Virgin Media, you can watch the TNT Sports, Eurosport, and the Discovery channels via your Virgin TV box. Access to discovery+ is not included.

Source: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/11059607219985-All-about-TNT-Sports#access

TL;DR/Summary:

• TNT Sports directly from Sky = no access to Premium pack on Discovery+
  • TNT Sports on Sky from BT/EE = full access to Discovery+
  • TNT Sports (Premium pack) directly from Discovery+ = no access on Sky devices.

Very helpful, but recently there has been an update and we will be able to get discovery plus premium with Sky Q..  

We are just awaiting the date and it has also been mentioned from @Kirsty+S27 who is very kindly looking into it and will confirm when she has any news

Premium plan coming soon to Sky! Sky TV customers who subscribe to TNT Sports will soon get access to the Premium plan on discovery+ and enjoy TNT Sports via the discovery+ app on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q. Please check back here for updates.

https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/11040452398097-TNT-Sports-via-Sky-How-do-I-sign-...

I also spoke to the executive team at Sky about a week ago and they also confirmed the update that we were caught by surprised that we would be getting this provided. Great news

@Kirsty+S27 

Just had a call from the priority team and they have informed me we will only be going to get it in a couple of years, because of the current deal in place. I mentioned to them that on Sky website it states we will be getting it soon. This therefore is false information, as soon is not two years!

Very poor I have to say from the powers that be.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

@Kirsty+S27 

Just had a call from the priority team and they have informed me we will only be going to get it in a couple of years, because of the current deal in place. I mentioned to them that on Sky website it states we will be getting it soon. This therefore is false information, as soon is not two years!

Very poor I have to say from the powers that be.

@Super+Anthony personally I would take that information with a pinch of salt, no one (even from sky) is going to know for definite when it will launch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

When they rang me, they mentioned that every Friday they have a team update / meeting, and this subject came up!

I do hope you are right @SKY1992bf

thank you though for your help and to @Kirsty+S27  who as always is fantastic

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion