Discussion topic: Signing in to my Sky account

This message was authored by Hupit+Matt This message was authored by: Hupit+Matt

Signing in to my Sky account

I've just tried to access my Sky account via the main Sky.com page, and when I click 'My Account' a new page opens up but there is no option to sign in. When I click 'Log In' I get an error message that says;

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://skyid.sky.com/AK_PM_VPATH0/" on this server.

Reference #18.233b8b51.1607117417.43e2e6c5

I then tried to log in via my Sky Go app on my tablet and I get the same error message. If I disconnect from my BT broadband internet and go via my 4G connection I can log in on my Sky Go app. Likewise, if I connect my PC to the internet via a VPN I can access my Sky account, as I am doing right now to access the forums. 

Has anyone else expericenced this issue not being able to access their accounts on the website or via the Sky Go app when using BT broadband internet? I've not had this problem before and it seems only a recent thing. I honestly don't know how to solve it, it kind of makes the Sky Go app usless if I can't use it without either being on 4G or using a VPN. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Signing in to my Sky account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hupit+Matt wrote:

Has anyone else expericenced this issue not being able to access their accounts on the website or via the Sky Go app when using BT broadband internet? 

Yes, I've seen the same error message within the last couple of weeks. In my case, I was using a VPN and turning it off allowed me to log in normally. For that reason, my suspicion was that it's public IP address related.

You could try turning off your BT Hub for an hour or so which should get you a new public IP address.

Oddly enough, the issue has gone away for me now and I can log in normally via the VPN.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Ado This message was authored by: Ado

Posted by a Sky employee

I've never heard of an issue like that @Hupit+Matt but from your investigations it does sound you've narrowed it down to a BT router/network issue if it's ok through vpn especially. I assume you have fully rebooted the router though - I had to every couple of months when I had BT, as the router occasionally appended urls with something that mean't many sites came back with "no access" errors.

I'll ask a few experts in the skyid team if they can tell what is going on with your particular error tho. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Hupit+Matt wrote:

Has anyone else expericenced this issue not being able to access their accounts on the website or via the Sky Go app when using BT broadband internet? 

Yes, I've seen the same error message within the last couple of weeks. In my case, I was using a VPN and turning it off allowed me to log in normally. For that reason, my suspicion was that it's public IP address related.

You could try turning off your BT Hub for an hour or so which should get you a new public IP address.

Oddly enough, the issue has gone away for me now and I can log in normally via the VPN.

This message was authored by Ado This message was authored by: Ado

Posted by a Sky employee

Yeh I've had it confirmed it is something similar to what you describe @Mark39  with the IP being blocked. Often the trigger for blocking goes in 24-48 hours but if it's not sorted then I can ask an advisor to contact you @Hupit+Matt and get your SkyID so then the team can look in the logs at what is triggering the block. 

This message was authored by Mike+Monk This message was authored by: Mike+Monk

Hi I have just tried to access my sky ID and get the same message, and obviously no one on the sky helpdesk will help me because I am not vulnerable. honestly how can I report a problem if your system wont let me??? On line suggestions keep taking me round in circles. Think I will cancel my accounbt if you can't be bothered.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mike+Monk wrote:

Hi I have just tried to access my sky ID and get the same message, and obviously no one on the sky helpdesk will help me because I am not vulnerable. 

Sky are taking calls from all customers, vulnerable or not.

This message was authored by Rubytwo This message was authored by: Rubytwo

I have a similar problem to another post on here. Cannot get into my sky account. Access is denied. Have phoned sky and they can't help. I can access on my PC and Phone but not my laptop.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Rubytwo wrote:

I have a similar problem to another post on here. Cannot get into my sky account. Access is denied. Have phoned sky and they can't help. I can access on my PC and Phone but not my laptop.

What device are you using and what exactly does the error message say?

This message was authored by Rubytwo This message was authored by: Rubytwo

Just about to tell you I am on an HP Laptop. and I just get access denied with loads of numbers. Ive just gone back into sky again and it has accepted my id. I just give up. It seems to be intermittent. I did phone sky and they went through the usual things like resetting etc. and it still wouldnt work but then I came on here and saw the post.  Now it's working again. Not sure for how long though. Sky told me must be my laptop.

This message was authored by sonic1971 This message was authored by: sonic1971

I see this post is about 6 months old & was last posted on about 6 weeks ago, but I was getting this "Access Denied" error message others have posted about here repeatedly today, while trying to sign in on the main sky.com webpage on a Windows 10 laptop. I then signed in on this help forum page, opened another tab & went to sky.com again where I was now signed in there & able to access my account. It seems some things on the main site have changed since the last time I was on it. I don't if that is anything to do with the problem. I just thought I'd provide a quick way to log in for anyone else getting this error message & unable to sign in.

This message was authored by chrisrush+on+sky This message was authored by: chrisrush+on+sky

Same as Sonic - Logged in via the forum and was successful - curious

This message was authored by emmatok This message was authored by: emmatok

Got the same for 30m tonight and for 2hrs the other night actully changed passwords **bleep** -then got in to post this  - Reference #18.d5caffb0.1626643053.51d4b0c 

This message was authored by sonic1971 This message was authored by: sonic1971

Since using the workaround of signing in here then opening a new tab & going to sky.com, I am now able to sign in directly there now without "Access Denied" errors.

I did notice however that my Sky ID has changed (not something I did), maybe happened during main website updates. The Sky ID used to be just numbers & now is made up of customer names & numbers.

It is weird this is still happening to customers trying to sign in.

This message was authored by Simon3891 This message was authored by: Simon3891

I have been having a similar issue to this today but only on the My Sky app, wanted to check my mobile data usage and i have been logged out and when trying to log in I get the you are not authorised to access this app message, worked fine a few days ago.

This message was authored by ScouseTrooper This message was authored by: ScouseTrooper

Ok folks the error for this is a server issue with your server session. So if you call sky support and ask them to restart the session on your router you will get a new ip and all will be resolved.

@Ado

Hope this helps.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion