Discussion topic: Manage Secondary Sky IDs

This message was authored by Pete+Lettin This message was authored by: Pete+Lettin

Manage Secondary Sky IDs

I have created additional Sky IDs on my account but they have been created as Authorised Accounts which can view and change my account information.

I only intended them to be able to view using Sky Go App How do i change them?

The users didn't respond immediatly to the varification emails so I logged in and linked their accounts using the account number as requested

Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Manage Secondary Sky IDs

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think only Sky support can help you with this so you will need to contact them about it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Ado This message was authored by: Ado

Posted by a Sky employee
I think the best thing to do is to remove them by visiting https://www.sky.com/manage/my-details as the primary account holder. and then having them sign into SkyGo and linking the account from there - then they should be given viewing only access?
This message was authored by JosephK01 This message was authored by: JosephK01

I wish I'd seen this trail before I set up my family. Same problem in that I have to give the kids access to the main id so they can track what data they have used in any gievn month. Tried calling Sky but they just said keep an eye on new features as heard this issue before. Can't say I'm impressed by this as a fundamental tracking requirement for anyone trying to manage data usage. The option to reset the mobile phone's data usage each month is not a realistic wor around. Sky, get this feature added asap please!

This message was authored by KJD11 This message was authored by: KJD11

The same thing happened to me. The instructions at https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/which-secondary-sky-id are the same whether you choose Authorised Sky iD or Secondary Sky iD so you end up with a Authorised Sky iD even though you want a Secondary Sky ID.

This message was authored by Ado This message was authored by: Ado

Posted by a Sky employee
Hi there. Its subtle but I believe the difference is for an Authorised (can see and transact on the account) you use your Sky or Bank Account Number, and for Secondary (can only view content) you must only use your viewing card number (the number on the card in your Sky box). Hope that helps.
This message was authored by han7ven This message was authored by: han7ven

Hi,

Unfortunatly when I tried to put in the card viewer number it wouldn't let me, as it was requesting for the Account number, shouldn't the system only allow the Primary ID holder to set up Authorised Sky ID on thier account, not just anyone!  Now it won't let me remove the Authorised SKY ID user and I'm the primary.  New to Sky and this is poor!

This message was authored by Pigzag This message was authored by: Pigzag

The help page shows that you can add a primary one with account number or payment details and a secondary one  you enter the viewing card number. But there is not the viewing card option when you actually do it.

This message was authored by han7ven This message was authored by: han7ven

Just managed to stumble accross how to do this (for Sky Q).  BTW Step 4 in teh instruction does not have an option fro a viweing card, well it didn't for me.  After I asked Sky to remove the Authorised Sky ID from my account.  - Log in as the "Secondary" user using their ID, or ask them to do this - go to help - Click on Sky Tv > Sky Q > Account and Billing > Sky iD - Click I need Help with Existing Sky ID  - Click I have a Sky ID but can't access all my services - Click one of the Sky TV options - Click I need to link my Sky ID to my account - Scroll down and click the link watch content The form will come up that has the option, (only if it's not already linked) Job Done.. now why Sky couldn't tell me that I don't know!  
This message was authored by Pigzag This message was authored by: Pigzag

@han7ven wrote:
Just managed to stumble accross how to do this.....The form will come up that has the option.... Job Done.. ...

I will give that a try, thanks for sharing!

This message was authored by Mr+Bobbles This message was authored by: Mr+Bobbles

This entire process seems completely broken! There's no option during the creation process for a second id to nominate secondary privileges. Following creation (and unavoidable granting of full permissions), there's no way to see that a second id has been setup and connected to my account (as the main account holder), therefore no way to manage it, remove it, change its privileges. 

All this functionality used to exist. What a massive step backwards Sky - in functionality and user experience. Hugely frustrating.

Incidentally, this is basically a frustration reply. I can't now be bothered with the additional effort to resolve the problem - either myself or by wasting time on the phone to Sky. It took way longer than it should've anyway. *peeved*

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mr+Bobbles wrote:

This entire process seems completely broken! There's no option during the creation process for a second id to nominate secondary privileges. Following creation (and unavoidable granting of full permissions), there's no way to see that a second id has been setup and connected to my account (as the main account holder), therefore no way to manage it, remove it, change its privileges. 

See @Ado's post for how to differentiate between an Authorised ID and a Secondary ID when setting them up.

This message was authored by Mr+Bobbles This message was authored by: Mr+Bobbles

I saw that, but now it's already set up, seems I can't administrate it myself. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I don't know if Sky themselves can help you to do that if you contact them about it, but I do agree it isn't very clear on how to do this during the set up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Damnitsfunky This message was authored by: Damnitsfunky

Hello,

Do Secondary users, using the Sky Go app, have access to the recordings on my sky box?

Thank you.

Sky Q 2Tb + 2 Mini's, 65 Samsung UHD.
Sony PS, Marantz Amp, AppleTV, ChromeCast.
Sky, Prime, Netflix, DTV, where will it all end?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion