Discussion topic: landline not working ringig out but not ringing in

This message was authored by JennyT05 This message was authored by: JennyT05

landline not working ringig out but not ringing in

I am ill and was in hospital yesterday rinign our land line for my huband and he didnt reply  I eventually got home and we found that the landline was not ringing.  However I picked it up and rang my mobile and that worked.  we reealised thatwe have not had calls on landline for some time.  husband is 80 and has no mobile and very hard of hearing.  tried about 10 times this morning to contact sky as contacting bt and they said contact sky.  sky keep asking for password which i dont know and when i sa correct maiden name for mother they keep say wrong and cutting me off.  my  husband has been ill and the hospitl lusually contact him on the landline.  Sky engineer came end December to do sky q box can this have caused a problem or is the ringtone on the phone not working, I cannot see anywhere to change it.  My husbad is 80 and i am 76 and although was have my mobile we need help.  I am eguasted this morning with trying so many time to sort this

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: landline not working ringig out but not ringing in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JennyT05 

We are customers here but can try to help you. Unfortunately Sky are unlikely to talk to you without a telephone password so they know they are talking to the account holder. Call back (just dial 150) on your landline which you've stated works and tell them you can't remember your telephone password. They should be able to ask other questions to confirm your identity (like last couple of numbers of your bank account you use to pay your Sky bill or similar). You can then set a new telephone password for any future contact. Sky can then check your line and if an external fault is found ask Openreach (not BT) to investigate and fix it.

For the future, in your circumstances, it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help you now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

Post back on this thread how you get on. If unsuccessful we can maybe get you some help from the Messaging Team but you'll still need to pass the security checks. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
JennyT05
Topic Author
This message was authored by JennyT05 This message was authored by: JennyT05

Re: landline not working ringig out but not ringing in

Thank you so much for the info.  I got through to sky on the 31st attempt and have changed my password and changed my mother's maiden name!!!!     The fault is evidently with the actual phone and my son is going to come with a new one I hope.  Jenny

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion