Discussion topic: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming calls

Glenpaul1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Glenpaul1 This message was authored by: Glenpaul1

Re: What cordless landline phones are people using

Spoiler
@GD1  Hi, thanks for the reply, the landline is plugged directly into the max hub and nowhere else this hub doesn't use the lead with the purple plugs 
Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Mark39  Hi Mark, the max hub only uses the phone lead nothing else, I went through this with sky yesterday and they said it was correct. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenpaul1  I think we may be at crossed purposes here, the issue isn't the handsets, there is definately an issue with your line (not how or where it's plugged into) and Sky need to investigate this as you've tried different handsets with the same result.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

Re: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming c

@GD1  Hi mate, thanks for the reply, looking like I'm going to be bending their ear again, to be honest when I spoke with sky I did get the impression that I was being fobbed off, the phone worked perfectly fine before I let them put this junk in my property, when all said and done if a phone works OK one way there is no excuse for it not to work the other. 

This message was authored by Dave+r55 This message was authored by: Dave+r55

Re: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming c

I've had the same issue for 9 days sky have been no help at all. 

Have sky sorted it, I keep being told its a outage problem, but the family next door Have no problem. 

Re: Landline unable to receive incoming calls since Sky broadband activated

I've got the same issue called sky 6 times, no advice they keep fobbing me off with its a outage problem, 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline unable to receive incoming calls since Sky broadband activated

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave+r55 wrote:

I've got the same issue called sky 6 times, no advice they keep fobbing me off with its a outage problem, 

What issue, exactly? What's the background? Are you new to Sky? Or upgraded recently?

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Dave+r55, Hi Dave, did you get the feeling that you were getting fobbed off, spoke to sky on Saturday, put me on hold while he tried to call me on landline, no luck, so that's when he was laying the blame on my phone, whats wrong with sending an engineer to come out and test the phone port, he soon disappeared leaving me to set the phone up saying it'll take a couple of days to sort itself out mate, yeah whatever, apparently all the other broadband providers are having the same issue.. 

Hi thanks for getting back, I e had this problem for 9 day I've called them 6 times with no success its like there reading from a script, had your been sorted and how was it sorted, I'm at my witts end and you can't get a straight answer of them.

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Dave+r55 Hi mate, not doing too well are we, I'm going to ring them again, and to make matters worse my wife is doing her nut, especially after we've just been out and bought a new phone, sky will still want their money though. 

Same here, the problem is her mother doesn't have a mobile and relies on a land line to keep in touch, we are at our Witt's end trying to get this sorted,it's like I'm talking to the cat.can I ask where you live,I'm in Pontefract.

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Dave+r55, Sorry mate I don't think we are supposed to give out info like that 

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Dave+r55, I've been reading loads of stuff tonight, alot of it related to a problem with the phone number porting 

Hi , do tell because I've given sky till tomorrow afternoon to give or fix this issue. I'm fed up with being fobbed Off with its a outage problem , hope you get yours sorted.cheers

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion