Discussion topic: How to Cancel landline number with SKY

This message was authored by Jdthecool73 This message was authored by: Jdthecool73

How to Cancel landline number with SKY

Can anyone help?

I am trying to cancel JUST the landline number, as we don't use the phone, only broadband for internet.

Is anyone able to help in this matter.

Would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: How to Cancel landline number with SKY

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jdthecool73If you have no phone on the line then it does not matter. The line rental part is bundled with your broadband. If you are selling the handset then not a worry. The line will just sit there being used for data only.

The number is only needed as part of the connection bundle and if not used would not matter.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Jdthecool73 

You can't cancel the Sky Talk aspect. If you don't make calls ring Sky and ask to be moved to the Sky Pay As You Talk tariff then you'll only be charged for calls you do have to make. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jdthecool73 your broadband service is delivered over the phone line, which is why you can't cancel it. You don't have to have a call package, though, as @Daniel0210 posted.

Jdthecool73
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jdthecool73 This message was authored by: Jdthecool73

Thanks for your response Daniel.

I am on Pay As You Talk already, but don't use it, we don't use the landline phone.

So, there is no way to CANCEL/DELETE the telephone number?

Thanks,

Jamie

Jdthecool73
Topic Author

All I want to do, if I can, is delete the phone number, as we are going to get rid of the telephone hanset as we just use our mobile phones.

I gather we are not charged for the telephone number itself?

Cheers,

Jamie

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Jdthecool73 

The number cannot be deleted. You just won't have an actual phone connected to the line. You still need the line as explained by @Mark39 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

All active phone lines have to have a number associated with them. It's how they're identified. Your phone line is active by virtue of having broadband, regardless of whether or not you use it for phone calls.

Is there a particular reason why you want to delete the number? There may be other options.

Jdthecool73
Topic Author

I guess no reason, really.. seeing as I am going to sell the telephone handset.. which is not from SKY.. I purchased it from ASDA.

I just thought that was the correct thing to do, by deleting the landline number, I know it is ex directory anyway.

Thanks,

Jamie

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Jdthecool73If you have no phone on the line then it does not matter. The line rental part is bundled with your broadband. If you are selling the handset then not a worry. The line will just sit there being used for data only.

The number is only needed as part of the connection bundle and if not used would not matter.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion