Discussion topic: Former telephone number not transferred when switched. from talktalk.Callers are just shown "line i

This message was authored by DavidHorton1 This message was authored by: DavidHorton1

Former telephone number not transferred when switched. from talktalk.Callers are just shown "line i

Swiched from Talktalk on 4/9/24.I was informed that I would keep my original tel.number but since switch callers dialling my previous number are told that the line is out of operation.Do I need a new numbewr from Sky? I Need a rapid solution !.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Former telephone number not transferred when switched. from talktalk.Callers are just shown &qu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavidHorton1 

Dial 17070 from your landline phone. The automated message should give the current number. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Former telephone number not transferred when switched. from talktalk.Callers are just shown &qu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavidHorton1 

Dial 17070 from your landline phone. The automated message should give the current number. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DavidHorton1
Topic Author
This message was authored by DavidHorton1 This message was authored by: DavidHorton1

The answer goes a long way in alleviating my problem.I am still trying to get TalkTalk to transfer my original telephone number to Sky . It is an unnecessary chore that I would have to go through if I have to contact every caller that has my TalkTalk number on their directory.But I can use the number I now know is active on my phone until I can establish whether or not TalkTalk does the right thing.Great service !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion