Discussion topic: ive still got sky+ and i cant watch anything inHD. sky tell me they dont support the software any mo

This message was authored by dan61 This message was authored by: dan61

ive still got sky+ and i cant watch anything inHD. sky tell me they dont support the software any mo

hi. I can't watch anything in HD on my sky+. even recordings from the planner. sky tells me they don't support the software any more and I'll have to pay to have skyQ. I have another box on multiroom and that works ok. is there  a cure? or can I cancel my subscription as they have stopped supplying what I pay for

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: ive still got sky+ and i cant watch anything inHD. sky tell me they dont support the software an

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dan61 wrote:

hi. I can't watch anything in HD on my sky+. even recordings from the planner.

What is happening when you try to watch something from your planner ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
dan61
Topic Author

Re: ive still got sky+ and i cant watch anything inHD. sky tell me they dont support the software an

it just tells me to upgrade to HD . I've always had HD. sky confirmed this. anything non HD works ok. some of the stuff on my planner has been there for ages but won't play u less itsnon HD. its even recording HD programmes now just won't play

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Are ypu still paying for the HD add-on? It will be shown on your bill, if so.

dan61
Topic Author

yes they confirmed I'm still paying for it. I forgot to mention also this happened  a month ago and they  told me to rebuild the box which worked.  I've tried it a again this time and it's not worked

Can you view a live HD channel without seeing the upgrade message (not BBC1/2 HD etc as they don't need an HD subscription)?

dan61
Topic Author

I can watch itv, bbc, channel  4 etc in HD but not sky movies, sports, etc

Sport is in HD by default.Movies aren't.

What about channels 106 and 806? Just trying to get to the underlying cause of this.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Mark39 wrote:

What about channels 106 and 806? Just trying to get to the underlying cause of this.

@Mark39 sky movies are hd by default and as been for some years 

@dan61 do you have a subscription to either sky sports or movies 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Mark39 wrote:

@Mark39 sky movies are hd by default and as been for some years 

@dan61 do you have a subscription to either sky sports or movies 

@SKY1992bf Thanks for that. Shows how often I watch Sky Movies.... @dan61 mentioned not receiving Sky Movies and Sports in HD so I'm a bit confused as to what the issue here is. 

dan61
Topic Author

106 works 806 doesn't. I have sports and movies in my package 

dan61
Topic Author

just to clarify it seems any sky channel in HD doesn't work, it asks me to upgrade my package. but I've always had HD included. even planner only plays stuff that's not HD

@dan61 thanks for clarifying. Sounds like the HD privilege is missing from the Viewing Card for that box. You'll need to report it to Sky, I'm afraid, so that they can update the Viewing Card. Have the Viewing Card number of that box handy when you report it. If you wish we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here so that you can report it via a private online chat? The alternative is to call.

dan61
Topic Author

that would be great thankyou. I've already phoned the help line but that's all they came up with. the fact that they fixed it last month and my other box still works makes me think I don't need to pay for something I don't need 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@dan61 To get you some help, I’ve escalated your post to sky community chat who hopefully will be in contact and send you a private community message/email so I would recommend that if not already on, you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

So look out for a chat bubble across the bottom of the screen when logged onto the forum

This link explains how this works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.

Once you receive an invite you’ll have 48 hours to initiate a chat before it automatically times out, also ensure you login to the forum periodically for 48 hours after receiving the invite and check the chat bubble for any responses from sky and make sure you respond to each message from sky within 48 hours of each message, or the chat will time out again

NB 1 If your post has been escalated for a non return fee issue please note proof of postage is required without it refunds are at sky’s discretion

NB 2 If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion