Discussion topic: all 7day guide channels showing as not available

This message was authored by michaelH0903 This message was authored by: michaelH0903

all 7day guide channels showing as not available

I am a sky "diamond Member" and an Octogenarian! I have a Sky+HD box running the Entertainment package.I have heard rumours that Sky were at some stage going to discontinue support for Sky+HD as its considered a legacy platform now.I have been offered a free SkyQ Box and free installation etc but have declined the offer as the SkyQ box does not have the RF function as it uses wifi.About a week ago i completely lost the 7 day programme giude and i started getting an error 25 No satellite sign al ete etc.although mu satellite signal appears to be fine.A day or so ago i rang sky technical support and the agent went through the engineers process of trying to correct the fault ie press Service button on the remote folled by keying in 001..unfortunately nothing happens,so im left with no program guide.Im not a Luddite and am realistic,but theie appears to be no sympathy towards users of Legacy platform Sky+HD , you either accept the SkyQ or its the highway.My contract ends in May 2025,and I have spoken to " Sky retentions". I do not want another two year contract which i know will come with the SKYQ box,so im in a quandry as what to do next..Can anyone help me with this?I only watch Sky about two hours a day now,and there are so many other options available though id miss the recording function of the Sky+HD box.Thanks for reading this Michael

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: all 7day guide channels showing as not available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

"No Satellite Signal" is an error generated by your Sky box, it has nothing to do with broadband (Internet connectivity) and usually indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned (not all transponders are getting through, thus some channels may be affected and others not)
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using
• You have plugged your Sky+ box into a dish that is only compatible with Sky Q

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q (all issues will be fixed during a Sky Q install), Sky Glass and Sky Stream

You may have to call out a local satellite installer, unless you already have Sky Protect insurance, to check/fix your system, another option is to move to Sky Q, as during the move all issues will be resolved as part of the install, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@michaelH0903 wrote:
and i started getting an error 25 No satellite sign al ete etc.

@michaelH0903 

You mention a message saying no satellite signal. Almost certainly a dish misalignment. Although Sky themselves no longer support Sky+ and Sky+HD, if you have Sky Protect through Domestic and General Insurance you can call them otherwise you'll need to employ a local satellite engineer at your own expense to check it if you're not willing to change platforms.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@michaelH0903 loss of the 7-day TV Guide is caused by the absence of a signal from the dish on one of the two cables.

You can restore normal working, if you wish, by turning on Single Feed Mode in the Installer Menu. You will, however, lose the ability to record two programmes simultaneously, or to watch one live programme while recording another.  To access the Installer Menu, press Services, Settings, 0,0,1, Select on your remote (as you did while talking to Sky.

Check first that the 'good' signal is connected to the Dish Input 1 socket at the rear of the box. To do that,  press Services, Settings, Signal on your remote. Make sure the first two of 4 signal meters show a signal.

michaelH0903
Topic Author
This message was authored by michaelH0903 This message was authored by: michaelH0903

thanks Mark and Daniel for your advice and suggestions .I will have another look at my cable connections from the satellite dish to see if there is a problem there.i will get back to you and let you know whether i have been able to sort things out myself  michael

michaelH0903
Topic Author

Hi Mark and Daniel..thanks for your advice ive remade both the stellite connections to the rear of the Sky=Box and thats fixed my problem with no 7 day guide,so all well now and will continue on with sky until they "pull the plug on Sky+HD boxes" NB ddoes anyone have any idea when thats likely to be ? reply appreciaterd and thanks again to all  Michael

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

.Good news that re-making the dish connections resolved the issue. There's no indication from Sky of when they'll end existing Sky+ subscriptions. It's quite possible that they'll continue until all satellite broadcasting comes to an end probably towards the end of the decade. Fingers crossed!

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Sky will just gradually phase out discounts for Sk+ HD subscribers🤔

Exiled in HH
michaelH0903
Topic Author

Thanks to all who have helped me sort out my problems,and thanks for your ideas on the life expectancy of the sky+hd boxes..Kind regards michael

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion