Discussion topic: Using Sky+HD Remote with an IR Repeater

This message was authored by DeeJayTee1953 This message was authored by: DeeJayTee1953

Using Sky+HD Remote with an IR Repeater

I have recently purchased a TV cabinet with a built-in IR Repeater. The repeater is a Halemeier Infrarot Repeater Plus working in the 20-60Hz IR Frequency Band. I can't get it to work with my Sky remote and DRX890 Sky+HD box. Neither the manufacturers of the repeater or the furniture seem to be able to help, and I can't find details of the frequency used by the Sky equipment. Can anyone advise?

All Replies

This message was authored by CeliaRR This message was authored by: CeliaRR

Re: Using Sky+HD Remote with an IR Repeater

I have the same problem, wondering if you managed to resolve?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CeliaRR wrote:

I have the same problem, wondering if you managed to resolve?

I had a look at this online, and can't see any reason for it not to work. Do you have other devices in the cabinet you can test it with? You might need to place the IR transmitter inside the cabinet accurately to point at the front panel of your Sky box.

DeeJayTee1953
Topic Author
This message was authored by DeeJayTee1953 This message was authored by: DeeJayTee1953

Yes, I did resolve the issue. It was a poorly fitted unit and one of the wires was not pushed fully into its socket. I disconnected everything and reconnected the wires properly and it has worked fine since.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion