Discussion topic: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Consumer+rights This message was authored by: Consumer+rights

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky pkus box

On Sky.com it says “You do not need an On Demand Connector if your Sky+HD box has a WPS button”. 

This message was authored by Consumer+rights This message was authored by: Consumer+rights

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

My sky+box was only installed by a sky engineer 4yrs ago and now won’t allow me any on demand tv

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Consumer+rights wrote:

My sky+box was only installed by a sky engineer 4yrs ago and now won’t allow me any on demand tv

The box has a one year warranty.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky on demand dropping out - sky plus box @

I am having a similar problem, I can connect and see the on demand and catchup screen etc but when I try to download from catchup it says "downloading" but doesn't actually do anything then it drops it and says failed. I have tried rebooting and most of the other things mentioned before on this thread but it still happens. I am using an ethernet connection via Tplink connectors. I have swapped them around but have no problem with any other equipment. The router sees the Sky+ box but not always, although everything else is always seen. I'm starting to think that it must be a fault on the Sky box but am open to suggestions.

This message was authored by jonneymendoza3 This message was authored by: jonneymendoza3

I too cant access on demand .

i dnt have a on demand seperated box as my sky plus hd box has it built in

I use a wired system but also have a separate sky mini box and although I never used it I tried with that and it's the same. Today all the programs I couldn't record last night are right now downloading and recording. Driving me up the wall.

This message was authored by jonneymendoza3 This message was authored by: jonneymendoza3

I tried both wired and wireless and still same damm problem

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box @@@@@@

Latest update on this problem. Yesterday I downloaded with no problems until the evening when I decided to download programs that I missed and found that I got the usual FAILED again for everything. Tried again this morning and nothing again despite my Sky+ box saying that it was connected to internet and also to catchup. I looked at which devices were showing on my router and surprise surprise no Skybox. I am connected to to other devices via ethernet and also two on wireless and they register but not it seems the Skybox. I am in two minds to sack Sky off completely and use another system of catchup or buy a cheap box off Ebay as I think that is the problem.

This message was authored by cainanel This message was authored by: cainanel

My Sky+ box has decided, after being connected to my wifi for a long time, to disconnect and refuse to be reconnected, I have done everything - switching off, etc, and buying a new anytime connector, but to no avail. Everything is recognised, but, after inputting password ( correct, bythe way, it tries to connect, but then tells me there is a problem connecting, to network, and that I should check settings, and cancel operatio. Vert frustrating!

This message was authored by Sambo41 This message was authored by: Sambo41

Could someone please advise me, I have no access to demand but everything else is fine, I've disconnected all appliances, goneto the settings and network to add password but it's not coming up and giving me that option, I've held the red button. In and press select still nothing, very frustrating! Is there another way please. 

Tried all this 😕 

Same here. Come on sky help us out !Redicolous 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Reminder: This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help

Excuse me? I am a sky customer 16 years!! 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Sambo41 wrote:

Excuse me? I am a sky customer 16 years!! 

And I’m a customer of over 28 years, so what?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion