Discussion topic: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried my suggestion?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Hi @NicnPete, if you can't get to the Planner, then you have an issue wider than just On Demand. Did the front panel reset (starting the box with the left and right buttons on the top of the box pressed) complete ok? If it did, I'd give Sky a call: the box may need to be replaced.

This message was authored by NicnPete This message was authored by: NicnPete

Hi @Annie+UK yes, we did that too! A few times.

This message was authored by auntieanne This message was authored by: auntieanne

I do appreciate that but we shouldn't have to use ethernet when the boxes are wifi enabled. My multiroom box works fine in another room and I have no other problems with my wifi so am reluctant to start messing with that as was also suggested.

The box in question is in the same room as the router but at the other side so the cable is trailing round the fireplace and under a rug it's a bloomin nuisance

Hi @Mark39 

Yes it did complete ok. But still no access to planner, box sets, catch up, cinema, etc etc. And now it's reacting very slowly when looking at the channel list page. Scrolling down is slow, the page manifests in bits. Channel changing is slow intermittently as well.

I have to ask on a separate note - what's the 'chinwag' badge business?  What does that mean, and why should I be interested? I'm not on here because I'm pleased with my service! I don't need to be patronised as well.  Unless a chinwag badge earns me a free equipment upgrade I really don't need my inbox being filled up with that!

It shows no real empathy with the audience. That does not comfort an unhappy customer.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@auntieanne wrote:

I do appreciate that but we shouldn't have to use ethernet when the boxes are wifi enabled. My multiroom box works fine in another room and I have no other problems with my wifi so am reluctant to start messing with that as was also suggested.

The box in question is in the same room as the router but at the other side so the cable is trailing round the fireplace and under a rug it's a bloomin nuisance

Maybe the boxes Wi-Fi hardware has gone faulty and require a new box, electronics do that sometimes, swapping to ethernet might mean you’ll not need a new box and could save yourself a few £

We might give that a go, but it's not ideal. We are just about to have works done to our floor and the aspiration is to minimise cabling thereafter.

This message was authored by auntieanne This message was authored by: auntieanne

Saving a few ££ and SKY don't really go in the same sentence! Thanks for your help but I can't live with the cable trailing round the room, as said before I'm just clearing my planner and then when Game of Thrones has been on I'll be cancelling it. I've had it for 16 years and you get nothing for loyalty with SKY. 

...on a completely separate  note I had a nightmare with SKY broadband, it kept dropping off and losing signal, kept having to reboot it. They weren't interested, just said it was my house. I swapped to EE as soon as I could and 2 years later not had a single problem with it!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@NicnPete wrote:

We might give that a go, but it's not ideal. We are just about to have works done to our floor and the aspiration is to minimise cabling thereafter.

I don't think an ethernet cable will help in your case, as the issue you're having goes beyond On Demand, as I mentioned before. GIve Sky a call and let them know you're still having Planner problems etc, after carrying out a front panel reset. I suspect your Sky box needs replacing.

We just got off the phone with Sky and an engineer is coming to fix it. We've only had the box for two years - we hung on to our old box forever, but it worked beautifully for 15 years!   But you know, now I think back, I think the +HD box was always substandard, but we assumed it was a satellite reception issue.  For long periods of time one or another feature would just go 'dormant'. 'Top picks' would just disappear for days at a time.  Our scheduled programmes would sometimes fail, or disappear from the Planner. Things wouldn't record, or only partially record.  I think the box was a lemon from the beginning.  We will discuss that with the engineer.

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE who helped.  I'll let you know how we get on and what they say.

This message was authored by Durst01 This message was authored by: Durst01

Hi,

Had issue with sky+ box not connecting to plusnet router. When trying to connect using the ‘set up’ option the sky box would not recognise any internet and freeze on ‘searching’. 

Just solved this by using the re-build function under engineers section; services,0,0,1, select. 

Now got demand and catch up back. 

Hope this helps

This message was authored by Jennyh46 This message was authored by: Jennyh46

Thanks it's fixed now 👍

This message was authored by Consumer+rights This message was authored by: Consumer+rights

Sky box is connected to internet showing good signal but won’t has stopped connecting to on demand. I t won’t reconnect with WPA or Ethernet.  Tried everything myself and with Sky, who told me my sky+box is faulty and want me to pay for an engineer or pay extra extra each month for Sky Q.  I am not happy as the standard now falls below the standard expected in contract.  Am I entitled to a price reduction/refund for services not supplied or a free repair or replacement from Sky?

@Consumer+rights wrote:

Sky box is connected to internet showing good signal but won’t has stopped connecting to on demand. I t won’t reconnect with WPA or Ethernet.  Tried everything myself and with Sky, who told me my sky+box is faulty and want me to pay for an engineer or pay extra extra each month for Sky Q.  I am not happy as the standard now falls below the standard expected in contract.  Am I entitled to a price reduction/refund for services not supplied or a free repair or replacement from Sky?

Guess it depends how old your box is and if it is still under warranty

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion