Discussion topic: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Q17 in my FAQ might help, see the link in my forum signature below

This message was authored by Marius1986 This message was authored by: Marius1986

I have switched everything off an back again. Now is all ok. Thanks.

This message was authored by R.W+Laidlaw This message was authored by: R.W+Laidlaw

I have a feeling that the Sky On Demand box is sending a very weak request for a LAN IP address.  I have both an Apple dual frequency WiFi network and a TP-Link dual frequency network running in my house. Because it is a rambling old farmhouse with quite thick walls, I also have a number of extenders for each network. The Sky box seems unable to get an IP address via the extenders and does not like the Apple network at all. I have put 5dB booster aerials on my TP-Link modem-router and the Sky box will now connect successfully to that. I don’t know if the receiver in the Sky box gets weaker with age but this seems a lot of work to get something to connect when all my other devices connect instantly. 

RWilsonL
This message was authored by auntieanne This message was authored by: auntieanne

I have the same problem, it happened at the beginning of the year and I was on the verge of cancelling my Sky because I had no catch up or on demand for 3 months, then it just started working again.

Now it's just gone off again.

When I go to network settings its recognising my router and showing a strong signal (it's actually next to the box) but it won't connect either with wps or password, there's no error it just says connecting for a while and then cannot connect please try again . Wifi works very well, it's a small house and I have a good signal.

Tried rebooting everything but it doesn't help and I'm getting really fed up with paying for services I'm not able to use, can anyone advise?

oh and when I try to remore record anything from the Sky website it doesn't record.

This message was authored by Andreapppointer This message was authored by: Andreapppointer

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky pkus box

Cannot get onto demand have followed the instructions for re initialisation but it just saysimage.jpg

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Andreapppointer if you have Sky Q, I'd recommend posting in the Sky Q forum. As per the thread title, this is for Sky+.

This message was authored by auntieanne This message was authored by: auntieanne

I've got Sky+ and never got a reply to my post (1 above)

x

This message was authored by R.W+Laidlaw This message was authored by: R.W+Laidlaw

You could always waste an hour on the phone, talking to someone at Sky who knows even less about the On Demand box, than the average useless help desk person at Microsoft Office 365 does about their product. As the moderators on this forum, rarely seem to take any notice of what their customers, who pay a lot for the benefits of their Sky membership, say or ask, it seems increasingly pointless to post on this forum. 

A disappointed Sky customer. 

RWilsonL

Haha that's what I'm realising, I was trying to avoid ringing them.

I'm sick of it, I'm just going to cancel the lot!!

...but they must be watching the board to tell the lady above so promptly that she posted in the wrong place!!

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@auntieanne wrote:

...but they must be watching the board to tell the lady above so promptly that she posted in the wrong place!!

Oracles are customers just like yourself, sky do monitor the forums but rarely post

@Annie+UK wrote:

@auntieanne wrote:

Oracles are customers just like yourself, sky do monitor the forums but rarely post

I didn't realise that, I'll try your step 17 thanks x

This message was authored by Zedster4me This message was authored by: Zedster4me

I had a similar problem, but a little different. I have two boxes around the house. One would connect to demand ok but the other wouldn’t. I tried all the tricks of resetting both the router and sky box but nothing seemed to work. The only way to fix it was to do a hardware reset on the router. Not just a power on reset, this didn’t work, but a factory default reset within the router using the available function. This put everything back to standard from out the box as new. It meant setting everything up again but it was the only thing that worked for me. Sometimes the routers can get their knickers in a twist and a total default reset does them the world of good. This may be useful for some people. By the way, I'm using a virgin media super hub.

Thanks for that but I don't have any trouble at all with my router on any other connection around the house so I really don't want to risk ending up worse off!

I have it plugged in with an ethernet cable just to get us through Christmas and then I'm cancelling it

This message was authored by valbarbaro This message was authored by: valbarbaro

What’s a demand connector?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion