Discussion topic: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Debz2018 This message was authored by: Debz2018

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky pkus box

Thank you so much,  was having a nightmare last 4 days trying to sort this, gave up many times waiting in a q for sky tech help. Found your post and followed your instructions and' hey presto' we are working again. 😀😀

This message was authored by SillyYak This message was authored by: SillyYak

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

Thanx Annie it worked a treat . Full service is restored 🤗🤗🤗

@Annie+UK wrote:

@sim+sky wrote:

This is happening to us too. I’ve rebooted, reset, checked connections and as our WiFi IS working for everything else in the house,  why Sky only? 

We pay for Sky Protect, the little WiFi connector on our box says it’s got WiFi so I’m fairly confused

Routers are a science all to themselves, just because they are working for 99% of all devices does not indicte that the router is not the issue 🙁 It is always worth rebooting the router as it will do no harm

try disconnecting the Wi-Fi physically from the Sky Box then power it of at the mains for at least 5 minutes then turn it back on, wait another 5 minutes for it to fully come back on then reconnect the Wi-Fi adapter

This message was authored by Smudge64 This message was authored by: Smudge64

OK so on the Network settings it is showing as:

Connection to Broadband Router = OK

Connection to On Demand = FAIL

IP address is showing, good signal strength,

I've tried resetting Router, powering off Sky Box (switching off power) and powering off/on the wireless box. Still showing Connection to On Demand as FAIL.

Any ideas?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried @Annie+UK's suggestion below?

This message was authored by Smudge64 This message was authored by: Smudge64

Yup, powered both off (disconnect from mains) powered back on still connected to wifi but not to On Demand .

Did that include physically disconnecting the On Demand wireless connector from the Sky box, not just powering off which is what I think Annie was suggesting? That has worked for me in the past.

This message was authored by TarnP This message was authored by: TarnP

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. Box is showing as connected to router but fail to on demand. I’ve followed all of the instructions shown in the posts above & I have also tried 2 different sky+ boxes. 1 has an external wi-fi connector (same as the photo in the earlier post) & the other is wi-fi enabled. I’ve tried to connect via WPS & with password all with the same result.

This message was authored by Andy+Mac+Sky This message was authored by: Andy+Mac+Sky

what does the on demand connector look like??

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Andy+Mac+Sky wrote:

what does the on demand connector look like??

Have a look on the sky store website

This message was authored by Andy+Mac+Sky This message was authored by: Andy+Mac+Sky

Thanks, it appears that as I have a WPS button I didn't require a connector

This message was authored by R.W+Laidlaw This message was authored by: R.W+Laidlaw

Have tried all the suggestions with no luck. My On Demand box is connected with a Cat 5 cable to my Sky+HD box. I have good wifi with a 98% signal strength but no IP address for the On Demand box diagnostics and no connection to network. It is showing two white lights on the front. 

Any more ideas? Could my On Demand box have died? 

RWilsonL

Are the power light and the yellow ethernet lights lit on your On Demand connector?

This message was authored by R.W+Laidlaw This message was authored by: R.W+Laidlaw

Do you mean at the back of the On Demand Box, where the Cat 5 cable plugs in? The front of the On Demand box displays two white lights. I will check tomorrow morning for the ethernet communication lights. I will also change to a different Cat 5 cable or if I can find one in my cable box, one of the superior shielded Cat 6 cables. I have checked that the Netgear Wifi extender is working properly (situated about 1 metre away from the On Demand box) and it is, including transmitting DHCP requests and allocation of LAN internal IP addresses, from the TP-Link Archer 400 VDSL/2 modem/dual band router, where the master DHCP server is located. I am connecting to a 2.4GHz wifi net not a 5GHz. 

Wilson

RWilsonL
This message was authored by Marius1986 This message was authored by: Marius1986

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky 2tb hdplus box

Hi, I got Sky box 2TB HD, and BT Hub 6. Until a few days everything was fine. Now sky box doesent see any WiFi at all. There is no problem with my WiFi, 4 phones, 2 tablets, one laptop,  xbox one, no problems on connecting.  I separate the on BT Hub 6 the 2,4gh from 5gh. Still nothing.  I dont know what to do anymore. Help.

@Jam3114 wrote:

I got a message saying there was a problem and to go to sky help on demand.  From the screen it should fail fail on broadband.  I reset and now when I try to reconnect with was or WiFi password it can't locate a network.  WiFi is working correctly.  I didn't know there was an issue with the on demand section until in tried to download a box set.

I'm not sure what else to try.

@Jam3114 wrote:

I got a message saying there was a problem and to go to sky help on demand.  From the screen it should fail fail on broadband.  I reset and now when I try to reconnect with was or WiFi password it can't locate a network.  WiFi is working correctly.  I didn't know there was an issue with the on demand section until in tried to download a box set.

I'm not sure what else to try.

This message was authored by pneadu This message was authored by: pneadu

Hi, my son disconnected the Ethernet cable from my router which connects to my sky box. It was only removed for a few minutes whilst he moved it. Plugged back in and now I’ve no on demand service it’s just saying fail to connect, no error code.

Tried unplugging everything and leaving for 5 min replugged back in and turned skybox and router on and still nothing. 

Should it connect instantly using an Ethernet cable or does it take a while for it to find the internet? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion