Discussion topic: Sky On Demand Slow Download

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky On Demand Slow Download

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Calon+lan , as it happens I'm with BT, so hopefully your router's admin pages are similar to mine. Log in to your router settings by keying 192.168.1.254 in your brower's address bar. The log in credentials will be on a label or card attached to your router. Go to Advanced Settings, then the Wireless tab. In the 2.4GHz tab, you'll find the Channel Selection dropdown. Try 1,6, and 11 first, then 3,9 and 13 and see which gives you the best speed. If you want to be more scientific than trial and error, you could use a Wifi Analyzer app on a mobile next to your Sky box, to see which channels are free. Hopefully it will help.

This message was authored by Calon+lan This message was authored by: Calon+lan

Mark

thank you I’ll give it a go. 

This message was authored by Driveway This message was authored by: Driveway

The manual network reset worked for me too, thank you so much for the advice 

This message was authored by Schapman666 This message was authored by: Schapman666

I’ve tried all your helpful suggestions and still have no joy, bloody frustrated now!!!! Any other options available?? Fed up with the wait!! 😉

This message was authored by AsifG This message was authored by: AsifG

@Fletcher+Jones  Thank you for this solution!

Been annoying me for months and your solution worked in seconds!

This message was authored by Fletcher+Jones This message was authored by: Fletcher+Jones

Pleased to be of help! Be prepared to have to repeat the process after power cuts for example. Every time my box requires reconnecting to wifi it seems to go back to the default of slow downloads.

This message was authored by thirty This message was authored by: thirty

Well this is the weirdest thing.  Been having problems for a couple of weeks with downloads taking more than the length of the film.  We've been using a Dlink for years.  I decided to switch off disconnect everything and rebooted the box before connecting the Dlink. We'll surprisingly the box seems to have connected itself wireless ly which it never did before and downloads are now super quick. Worth a try! 

This message was authored by lillythepink This message was authored by: lillythepink

The first time I tried going into Network I pressed the Green button, didn’t have to put anything else in and it worked.  This time I did the same thing and as happened. Downloading is once again taking forever. I’ve also tried unplugging and restarting Sky - no joy! So annoying!

This message was authored by Fletcher+Jones This message was authored by: Fletcher+Jones

Try re-entering the network name and password manually as per my orignal post - that works for me and some others.

This message was authored by lillythepink This message was authored by: lillythepink

Had another go resetting with manual input of network name and password and looks like it worked. Thanks

This message was authored by Davetherapy This message was authored by: Davetherapy

Thank you so much for this. 

Brilliant. It’s been so frustrating. 

Now all fixed 👍🏼

@Davetherapy you're welcome - you may find you need to repeat the process if you have a power cut or you reboot your box.

This message was authored by Weaverowl This message was authored by: Weaverowl

@Fletcher+Jones Hi. Sorry to jump on an old post. I have tried to follow the instructions you posted regarding re-entering the details in the network menu. However the IP address requires spaces between numbers and I cant figure out how I do that!? Its probably something simple that I'm missing but any advice is welcome,

cheers

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Weaverowl 

All you should need to do is to just type the number without the spaces as it will be entered to fill in the spaces without any issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Weaverowl the process I described doesn't require entry of an IP address at all. Just the network name and network password.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion