Discussion topic: Sky News Channel 501 has stopped broadcasting in HD, all other HD channels working fine?

This message was authored by MR10 This message was authored by: MR10

Sky News Channel 501 has stopped broadcasting in HD, all other HD channels working fine?

Have had a number of problems, have been a SKY customer for over 23 years and my original legacy package  included Sky Multiroom. One of my 2 Sky+HD boxes failed and given Sky no longer use those agreed to switch to SKY Q. However after 2 engineer visits SKYQ could only be installed using cables which isn't practicle so cancelled. In the meantime I sourced another HD box and everything was working however I lose all my Sky HD channels every couple of weeks and have to ring up and ask them to resend a signal to activate  the viewing card that isn't working. Have discussed Sky Stream but seems it is going to cost me more than I was paying before.

That aside all HD channels are working but Sky News on channel 501 has stopped broadcasting in HD

Anyone else have that problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky News Channel 501 has stopped broadcasting in HD, all other HD channels working fine?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MR10  Sky New has no stopped broadcasting in HD, it is still there.

What makes you think it's not broadcasting?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MR10
Topic Author

Re: Sky News Channel 501 has stopped broadcasting in HD, all other HD channels working fine?

Sky Channel 501 is broadcasting but only as W and not HD

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MR10 wrote:

Sky Channel 501 is broadcasting but only as W and not HD

W?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MR10
Topic Author

Most Sky HD channels show HD,DD,W,S and work fine, BBC  HD, W, S

Sky news on 501 is just showing up as W and S with very poor quality picture and type

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Sky News on 501 is still HD here. What do you get on channel 881?

MR10
Topic Author

881 is Sky News HD but says I need to upgrade subscription, if you refer back to my initial question I mentioned that Sky ( unable to switch me to SkyQ  as can't have cables ) have left me having to continually ring them up to resend a signal down the line to my second multiroom Sky+HD box. 
I'm going to ring them again but the price they gave me for Sky Stream was more than I was paying originally and from what I have read on the community many people are unhappy.

Thanks to all the respondents. so will just close this chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion