Discussion topic: No satellite signal

This message was authored by Xab21 This message was authored by: Xab21

No satellite signal

I have gone through the trouble shooting options to resolve the issue and would like to talk to someone to discuss options.

The message on screen says 'your Sky box isn't getting a satellite signal' the green light on the front of the box is on. If I go to TV guide the on screen message says 'your box is still initialising'. How long should this take?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: No satellite signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using

You may have to call out sky or a 3rd party satellite/aerial company

Note: If you have a communal dish then this is maintained by your landlord/building management and NOT sky

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No satellite signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It won't initialise if your Sky box isn't receiving a signal. That might be because of a fault with your dish, or the cabling from the dish, or less likely, your Sky box.

If you've tried all the troubleshooting, the next step will be to book an engineer who will pinpoint the fault and correct it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion