Discussion topic: I've lost the ability to search!

This message was authored by HARRYSMAD This message was authored by: HARRYSMAD

I've lost the ability to search!

Over the past few days I have lost the ability to search for programmes on my Sky+. When I press TV guide on my remote, it comes up with the usual options but where there are usually top picks at the bottom of the page, it now says "connect your broadband to access even more shows and movies with Top Picks".  My broadband isn't connected to the Sky box, it's connected via a telephone line.  I have reset the router but nothing has changed.  When I look under settings, then network, for "connection to broadband router" it says "fail" and "connection to On Demand" also says fail.  IP address of this Sky box just says 0.0.0.0.

I know it's not the be all and end all and I can still watch TV but it's a bit annoying.  I thought the problem might be due to Storm Lillian and it would right itself in time but so far no luck! 

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, please let me know!  🙂  

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: I've lost the ability to search!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have a look at my Sky Plus FAQ 🙂

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
HARRYSMAD
Topic Author
This message was authored by HARRYSMAD This message was authored by: HARRYSMAD

Sorry for the delay in replying!  I have got the search function back now.  I know I should have done this first, and you won't believe it worked but......  I turned it off (at the plug) and back on again and hey presto!  it worked!!  

@Annie+UK thanks for the link to your page - there is so much on there that I am going to find useful I have put it on my favourites bar!  ❤️

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A reboot fixes many things 👍

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@HARRYSMAD wrote:

Over the past few days I have lost the ability to search for programmes on my Sky+. When I press TV guide on my remote, it comes up with the usual options but where there are usually top picks at the bottom of the page, it now says "connect your broadband to access even more shows and movies with Top Picks".  My broadband isn't connected to the Sky box, it's connected via a telephone line.  I have reset the router but nothing has changed.  When I look under settings, then network, for "connection to broadband router" it says "fail" and "connection to On Demand" also says fail.  IP address of this Sky box just says 0.0.0.0.

I know it's not the be all and end all and I can still watch TV but it's a bit annoying.  I thought the problem might be due to Storm Lillian and it would right itself in time but so far no luck! 

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, please let me know!  🙂  

Did you mean ethernet cable?

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion