I have a blue screen with no sound on my Sky+

Researcher
Post 1 of 11

I have a blue screen with no sound on my Sky+

Hi all!

Our Sky+ this morning is only displaying a blue screen, but if you pressTV Guide you can see all the planner, channels, recorded channels (So it's not an issue with the picture or HDMI). If you click on any live channel, say BBC One, it displays a blue screen with no sound, nothing, and the bar at the bottom that normally displays the program and when it started etc eventually changes to a 'searching for listings' notification. 

It's the same with all our recorded programmes, if you select one to play it simply displays a blue screen with no sound. If you come back out into recordings the recording has not changed from 'recorded' to 'viewed' either. Any help would be appreciated? We've tried turning off and on, changing the HDMI cables etc. 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 11

Re: I have a blue screen with no sound on my Sky+

Hi @Theresa101

Try a manual software update:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/manually-update-sky-box-software

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
New Viewer
Post 3 of 11

i have this problem today, tried the update option still blue screen did you get an answer?

Oracle
Post 4 of 11

@whynotq was there a message on screen immediately after you started the software update? Or was it just a blue screen again?

Researcher
Post 5 of 11

Hi guys I ended up turning it off for ages and when I turned it on again it was working. Since then it has randomly reset itself every now and then usually when I go to play a recording, genuinely think it's just buggy sky services..good luck!

New Viewer
Post 6 of 11

thought that was where you ended up, seems the Sky Q mini isn't the most sturdy from other threads, switched all off left unplugged for 5 minutes, switched main one back on waited for it to fully come back then did the mini and of course it all miraculously worked.

Runner
Post 7 of 11

@Theresa101 wrote:

Hi all!

Our Sky+ this morning is only displaying a blue screen, but if you pressTV Guide you can see all the planner, channels, recorded channels (So it's not an issue with the picture or HDMI). If you click on any live channel, say BBC One, it displays a blue screen with no sound, nothing, and the bar at the bottom that normally displays the program and when it started etc eventually changes to a 'searching for listings' notification. 

It's the same with all our recorded programmes, if you select one to play it simply displays a blue screen with no sound. If you come back out into recordings the recording has not changed from 'recorded' to 'viewed' either. Any help would be appreciated? We've tried turning off and on, changing the HDMI cables etc. 

Oracle
Post 8 of 11

New Viewer
Post 9 of 11

Hi Theresa101, I guess by now you have fixed this but for future ease and to be helpful this worked for me.

• Turn off all your boxes at the wall. Check all the wires are plugged in properly.
  • Do NOT unplug anything.
  • Wait for three minutes.
  • Turn on each box starting with the main one using the button with the outline of the house on it (centre, middle of controller).

Hey presto all will be resolved.

Highlighted
Oracle
Post 10 of 11

@Richardg55 wrote:

Hi Theresa101, I guess by now you have fixed this but for future ease and to be helpful this worked for me.

• Turn off all your boxes at the wall. Check all the wires are plugged in properly.
  • Do NOT unplug anything.
  • Wait for three minutes.
  • Turn on each box starting with the main one using the button with the outline of the house on it (centre, middle of controller).

Hey presto all will be resolved.

Are these instructions for Sky+? If not then you’re in the wrong forum

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Runner
Post 11 of 11

I had the same problem yesterday but when I switched on again this morning all is OK 

Recommended Threads
14-07-2018 09:16 PM
Oracle 10-08-2018 07:08 PM
Oracle 12-09-2018 08:12 PM
Community Manager 29-10-2018 09:24 AM
Oracle 02-11-2018 08:27 PM