Discussion topic: Are sky q cables the same as sky+

This message was authored by Kirsteed This message was authored by: Kirsteed

Are sky q cables the same as sky+

I have a sky + box if I upgrade can I use the same cables for the sky q box. My cables are all running inside my chimney breast so a pain to just change

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Re: Are sky q cables the same as sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsteed wrote:

I have a sky + box if I upgrade can I use the same cables for the sky q box. My cables are all running inside my chimney breast so a pain to just change

Yes, but the LNB on the front of the dish (the sticky out bit), will need to be changed.

But the Sky engineer will inspect the cables when they change the LNB, so ultimately, it's up to them.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Are sky q cables the same as sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsteed wrote:

Hi @Kirsteed 

As @stereohaven says they do need to change the LNB ( the electronic bit on the dish).

However you may need to know SKY have changed their procedures and unlikely to access a dish on a chimney.

You may, also, wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion