Discussion topic: About replacing or updating the viewing card

This message was authored by GlassOwlie This message was authored by: GlassOwlie

About replacing or updating the viewing card

So, a few years ago, my neighbour gave us their old Sky+HD box and a few days ago, I'm starting to use it. I'm thinking of subscribing but considering it has their viewing card inside I want to know, can you update it to my personal Sky account or will I need to get a new one?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: About replacing or updating the viewing card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GlassOwlie 

You would need to call Sky to speak to them about this but don't be surprised if they insist that you upgrade the box to a Sky Q box as they don't support Sky+ ones so might not send a viewing card out for you to use with it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky no longer provide new subscriptions for Sky+ boxes, I'm afraid. You would need their Sky Q service.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GlassOwlie wrote:

considering it has their viewing card inside I want to know, can you update it to my personal Sky account 

Unless they are still paying the subscription, that card has essentially no purpose anyway.  If they are paying then it shouldn't be in your house if it doesn't have that address registered.

If you can record & playback content then someone is paying for that functionality.  If not, the card is irrelevant ( but still not transferrable)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
GlassOwlie
Topic Author
This message was authored by GlassOwlie This message was authored by: GlassOwlie

They don't because it only shows me the FTA channels.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion