free sky go extra claimed not received?

Viewer
Post 1 of 17

free sky go extra claimed not received?

I was given free sky go extra so up to 4 devices could be added to my sky go but its still saying i dont have sky go extra? anyone else have this problem? got the welcome gift straight away thought this would be the same?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 17

Re: free sky go extra claimed not received?

Hi @davecook1977

Did you claim and activate this via the MySky app and it is not automtaiclly activated for you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Viewer
Post 3 of 17

Yes, i added it and accepted terms and conditions.

Viewer
Post 4 of 17

sorry, i accepted it via the VIP app. Accepted terms and conditions. 

Oracle
Post 5 of 17

When did you do this as it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for it to be come activate, if it is over this time then you will need to get in contact with Sky so they can look into it for you from their end:

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv-apps/problems-with-sky-tv-apps

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 6 of 17

I have exactly the same problem.  Since converting back from Sky Q to HD this now asks me to upgrade my subscription.  Do I not pay you enough!!.  As VIP member I was told this was automatically available..  So I do really sympathise with all who are getting this very annoying problem.:

Oracle
Post 7 of 17

@Hayles61 wrote:

As VIP member I was told this was automatically available..

I don't think that is correct because all you should need to do is to activate it via the VIP section of the MySky app if is there for you.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 8 of 17

I am so sorry but I do think that it is correct.  Please do enlighten me how I can do what you suggest because when I log onto My SKY my Sky VIP option is asking me to "REJOIN SKY TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF SKY VIP ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CALL US TO REJOIN SKY".  i was not even aware that I had unjoined.  If that is the case to whom am I paying a large sum of money to each month. 

It is problem after problem after problem after problem .  Strange though I was a VIP when it came to SKY Q, and was told yesterday when I called to advise SKY that I was was being asked to increase my subscription to view anything on SKY Go that I was a VIP, and that I was actually entitled to SKY Go Extra  due to the 19+ years I have been a customer. But today it has gone!!!!!!!

So not only am I being asked to increase my subscription to view something that anyone who is a SKY customer can have as part of their subscription, but my VIP account has disappeared, so I can not even get access to enjoy what I should have.

I very much look forward to what you have to say, and trust that it does not take months to sort this issue out.  Perhaps it would be nice if someone were actually to call me for a change to let me know what is going on.

Oracle
Post 9 of 17

You will have to contact Sky again about that error because you shouldn't be seeing that if you are a paying customer, it is an account issue that only Sky can fix for you.

I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 10 of 17

@Hayles61 wrote:

I very much look forward to what you have to say, and trust that it does not take months to sort this issue out.  Perhaps it would be nice if someone were actually to call me for a change to let me know what is going on.

You aren't talking to Sky when you post in here, just to other customers.  For direct contact, you need to use one of the options listed here

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Director of Photography
Post 11 of 17

@Hayles61 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem.  Since converting back from Sky Q to HD this now asks me to upgrade my subscription.  Do I not pay you enough!!.  As VIP member I was told this was automatically available..  So I do really sympathise with all who are getting this very annoying problem.:

hI @Hayles61 I may be wrong but for you to have the SKY Go app for free from VIP you have to be a SKYQ customer, as you have said you are back on the old SKY+ system, so will have to pay for SKYgo

Oracle
Post 12 of 17

I don't think that is correct @Quoman7 as you can get Sky Go Extra for free you are on either the Gold, Platinum or Diamond tier.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 13 of 17

I agree, I was told by SKY that this was available on VIP.  I called because of the message I was getting and they told me that.  I think I will just give it up as a bad job.  Thanks for your help

Researcher
Post 14 of 17

Thanks for your reply. 

Researcher
Post 15 of 17

Thanks for your help.  I thought I was imagining that SKY told me that it was included in my VIP membership.  Not happy that I cant get it without this message coming up.  I thought any SKY subscriber could at least watch basic?  Maybe I thought wrongly.

Once again, thanks

Recommended Threads
04-10-2018 11:43 AM
3 weeks ago 08:21 PM
oliviaxo 01-10-2018 02:33 PM
2 weeks ago 06:09 PM
Maybe+tray 03-09-2018 01:11 PM