VIP platinum member

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 18

VIP platinum member

I am a Sky VIP platinum member (16 years) and have a legacy HD account - including F1 - I pay £33 for this

I was told that I would lose my F1 if  wanted to renew - but if I paid an extra £4 - I could keep F1

or pay £22 for a 18 month entertainment package (No F1)

This is an appalling way to treat long term customers

Either Sky is shutting down all legacy accounts or it just trying to take even more money from me ?

Which is it ?

I am considering leaving Sky because of this treatment

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 3 of 18

Re: VIP platinum member

The other option is not to renew and to continue as you are now, why are you looking at recontracting ?

The old legacy pack no longer exsists so whatever changes you make will probably incur a cost as you would be paying for whatever the packages cost now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 18

@stevei wrote:

I am a Sky VIP platinum member (16 years) and have a legacy HD account - including F1 - I pay £33 for this

I was told that I would lose my F1 if  wanted to renew - but if I paid an extra £4 - I could keep F1

Either Sky is shutting down all legacy accounts or it just trying to take even more money from me ?

Which is it ?

Hi @stevei As you have discovered if you want to keep F1 and change your package then you need to pay more. 

If you are not happy with the service you have received from Sky then this shows you how to make a complaint.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Answer
Oracle
Post 3 of 18

The other option is not to renew and to continue as you are now, why are you looking at recontracting ?

The old legacy pack no longer exsists so whatever changes you make will probably incur a cost as you would be paying for whatever the packages cost now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Executive Producer
Post 4 of 18

@caesarome wrote:

When I changed from the original packs to the new ones including Netflix I saved conciderable money, I did not want to keep F1 but even if I had paid for it I would still have saved £2.

Best to ask Sky what deals they can do, no one has to accept if it is not a good deal.

Boom Operator
Post 5 of 18

@caesarome wrote:

Because sky are trying to increase my costs - by £4 - even without any changes

And as a matter of principle - I refuse to pay any more !!

Boom Operator
Post 6 of 18

@Dazzasky wrote:

@stevei wrote:

Which is it ?

Hi @stevei As you have discovered if you want to keep F1 and change your package then you need to pay more. 

If you are not happy with the service you have received from Sky then this shows you how to make a complaint.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

I have already emailed the CEO as CS have not offered me any alternatives !

Oracle
Post 7 of 18

If you have put a complaint in via the options shown on that link (and emailing the CEO doesn't count), that gives Sky 8 weeks to reply to you before you can take matters further as it states here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice

I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 8 of 18

@caesarome wrote:

If you have put a complaint in via the options shown on that link (and emailing the CEO doesn't count), that gives Sky 8 weeks to reply to you before you can take matters further as it states here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice

Would you count this as a valid complaint though ?

more - an UNHAPPY customer (of 16 years  standing)

Oracle
Post 9 of 18

@stevei wrote:

Nope as you have to follow that procedure laid out in the link posted by @Dazzasky if you want to put in an official complaint, posting on the forum here isn't one of the ways to do it,

I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 10 of 18

@caesarome wrote:

@stevei wrote:

Nope as you have to follow that procedure laid out in the link posted by @Dazzasky if you want to put in an official complaint, posting on the forum here isn't one of the ways to do it,

What about emailing the CEO - I have emailed him twice now and have received nothing back from him

I may just start the cancellation procedure and see if that kicks an offer off ....

I have also just used the compaints link above to see if Sky is willing to do me a £30 deal of HD Entertainment package + F1 - If they say no - then I will pack my bags and LEAVE Sky after 16 years

Boom Operator
Post 11 of 18

ok update time 

I have been offered the complete package. entertainment, movies, sport, box sets etc in HD at £45

With a £10 ADMIN FEE

I have refused this - on grounds of this fee

Why do sky persist in trying to add this fee ?

Oracle
Post 12 of 18

@stevei wrote:

ok update time 

I have been offered the complete package. entertainment, movies, sport, box sets etc in HD at £45

With a £10 ADMIN FEE

I have refused this - on grounds of this fee

Why do sky persist in trying to add this fee ?

Profits, presumably?

£45 seems like a very good offer to me: if they are including Ultimate on Demand in that bundle, it's about £70 at  'normal' rates, so you recover the admin fee in less than 2 weeks.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Boom Operator
Post 13 of 18

Profits, presumably?

£45 seems like a very good offer to me: if they are including Ultimate on Demand in that bundle, it's about £70 at  'normal' rates, so you recover the admin fee in less than 2 weeks.

I have requested the  upgrade to be enabled on Feb 4th (when my present minimum period expires) - this will get round next months price rise - since Sky must give me 31 days notice of any rises and have agreed a £45 charge already !

I don't have Q - so no ULTIMATE ON DEMAND !

Executive Producer
Post 14 of 18

The £10 admin fee seems a bit optional, I asked if it was possible to take it off, there was no argument it was just removed.

Boom Operator
Post 15 of 18

I was eventually charged £43.05 FIXED for 18 months - for the full HD package

that will mean NO rises and no admin fee