Sky's Christmas gift to VIP customers.

Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 24

Sky's Christmas gift to VIP customers.

Hi Sky. 

I just wanted to say a big thank you for the extremely generous Christmas gift you have given your super loyal Sky VIP customers who spend millions every year in subscriptions alone.

Arthur Christmas. A 2011 movie.... yeah.... thanks Sky!

Boom Operator
Post 2 of 24

Re: Sky's Christmas gift to VIP customers.

I was also a little bemused by this random gift I was kind of hoping there would be different ones to choose from so I haven't claimed I'm sure the film is great for those with small children but for me it's like getting socks for Christmas lol..

A little knowledge will probably break it get someone else to sort it..
Oracle
Post 3 of 24

I like socks. Socks are both useful and need replacing every so often, so an annual sock refresh is not unwelcome.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 24

@TimmyBGood wrote:

I like socks. Socks are both useful and need replacing every so often, so an annual sock refresh is not unwelcome.

Brilliant. 👍🏻😁

Post 5 of 24

@btree+mike wrote:

I was also a little bemused by this random gift I was kind of hoping there would be different ones to choose from so I haven't claimed I'm sure the film is great for those with small children but for me it's like getting socks for Christmas lol..

Yeah... it's a Christmas gift, a choice of some recent movies would have been nice, or even a box set. 😁

Post 6 of 24

Can anyone advise how I can get this free gift as I am away on holiday in Australia and not back until after the offer expires? If I was at home it would be easy to just go in to Sky Store on my Sky Box.

Camera Assistant
Post 7 of 24

How do I delete a post? 🤔

Post 8 of 24

@cakey12 wrote:

Can anyone advise how I can get this free gift as I am away on holiday in Australia and not back until after the offer expires? If I was at home it would be easy to just go in to Sky Store on my Sky Box.

Is there a neighbour you could ask to go round?

Post 9 of 24

@cakey12 wrote:

Oh I see. Your joking right? You couldn't care less about it?  🤪

Post 10 of 24

What a load of rubbish. I though from the email i was getting something tangible. But no. Premiership on sky 1 or anywhere else for that matter? No thanks. I dont have the landline and i never heard of the film

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 24

Dear Sky

I too am completely underwhelmed by ypour Christmas gift to a loyal customer currently paying over the odds again as my last discount has lapsed.

I thought Terry Maybe's Brexit was a bad deal but I think you may have surpassed even her best efforts.

Jon

Sound Designer
Post 12 of 24

My favourite thing about this is that having downloaded the free gift I realised that it’s being shown on channel 4 on Christmas Day. Good grief. Come on Sky, you can do better than that. 

Sound Designer
Post 13 of 24

Oh no they can't Smiley Very Happy

Camera Assistant
Post 14 of 24

Oh yes they can..... but they won't.  😁 

A "Christmas gift" like that for loyal custoners (me anyway) really feels like a slap in the face. The whole VIP thing doesn't do enough to reward all VIP customers for their loyalty. If you like football and manage to get tickets to a game then that's great. If you get cinema tickets and you live close enough to one of the cinemas then great again. If your lucky enough to win a prize draw then bloody epic! What about all the other customers who can't take advantage of these VIP offerings??

Scrap the current VIP setup and instead of giving inconsistent rewards to some, give every VIP custoner a fair and consistent discount on their very costly subscriptions.

The discounts should be based on the number of years you've been a VIP.

Then all VIP customers can have a share of the reward and then you can stop insulting us with these stingy and very un-tactful freebies. 

Post 15 of 24

Free movie and sky sports on sky 1 what about those who already have sky sports and cinema what do we get over and above what we already get