Sky VIP is a lie

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Sound Designer
Post 1 of 12

Sky VIP is a lie

Sky VIP does not reward customers that hqve been with you for a long time.  I have bern a Sky customer for nearly 15 years and I am not allowed to to join the VIP programme because I dont use a mobile that download apps so I and others like me are yet again being screwed over by sky

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Re: Sky VIP is a lie

@jamie+edwards wrote:

Sky VIP does not reward customers that hqve been with you for a long time.  I have bern a Sky customer for nearly 15 years and I am not allowed to to join the VIP programme because I dont use a mobile that download apps so I and others like me are yet again being screwed over by sky

Hi @jamie+edwards This is incorrect because you can still join the VIP scheme without having to have a mobile device. If you do not have a compatible smartphone or iPad you will be able to join Sky VIP over the phone and the Sky advisors will redeem most of the rewards on your behalf.

All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

@jamie+edwards wrote:

Hi @jamie+edwards This is incorrect because you can still join the VIP scheme without having to have a mobile device. If you do not have a compatible smartphone or iPad you will be able to join Sky VIP over the phone and the Sky advisors will redeem most of the rewards on your behalf.

Oracle
Post 3 of 12

If you have a PC you can also use a program called Bluestacks (or similar) as is will then let you installed Andriod apps like the MySky one which is needed for the VIP program.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 4 of 12

Whilst it is true that you can still sign up to Sky VIP over the phone, I would suggest that it is not worth the effort. I am also a Platinum customer and siged up over the phone. My Reward? A Film download worth £4.99.

It is my belief that Sky only give worthwhile rewards to people to download the app as it is easier to mine their data so they can target adverts more effectivly and charge more for the adverts.

In summary,  yes you are being screwed by Sky, as was I,  but not for the reason you seem to think.

Oracle
Post 5 of 12

@fedup1023 wrote:

Whilst it is true that you can still sign up to Sky VIP over the phone, I would suggest that it is not worth the effort. I am also a Platinum customer and siged up over the phone. My Reward? A Film download worth £4.99.

It is my belief that Sky only give worthwhile rewards to people to download the app as it is easier to mine their data so they can target adverts more effectivly and charge more for the adverts.

In summary,  yes you are being screwed by Sky, as was I,  but not for the reason you seem to think.

You seem to think that Sky giving away a film for £4.99 is nothing, add up the 23 million customers and it begins to be something. I'm afraid to say some people will never be satisfied. If you don't want to download the app then that is your choice however you don't need to come on the forum to moan about it. If you want the rewards then download the app. 

Researcher
Post 6 of 12

Does anyone really belive the quote that "My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky."

Employee of Sky or something more sinister?

Why do Sky never respond and admit that it is a Sky Employee resonding?

Oracle
Post 7 of 12

@fedup1023 wrote:

Does anyone really belive the quote that "My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky."

Employee of Sky or something more sinister?

Why do Sky never respond and admit that it is a Sky Employee resonding?

I can assure you I am not a member of staff, I am a customer like yourself. All Sky staff can be identified because they have the Sky logo next to their name. 

Researcher
Post 8 of 12

I wonder what the true cost to Sky is, because you can be sure it isnt £4.99 a pop...

Community Manager
Post 9 of 12

Better two months late than never. Sky employees are designated by the little blue Sky symbol next to their name. 

I am on the payroll, Dazzasky is not. Smiley Happy

@JoeyGiggity 

Sam
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 10 of 12

Yes?

@Sam-R wrote:

Better two months late than never. Sky employees are designated by the little blue Sky symbol next to their name. 

I am on the payroll, Dazzsky is not. Smiley Happy

@JoeyGiggity 

Keh? 

Community Manager
Post 11 of 12

Hah, apologies. I @ mentioned you by mistake. Smiley Happy

Sam
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 12 of 12

No it probably does cost more than £4.99 per customer but do you not realise how Google and Facebook make their huge profits?

It's not on subscription charges, it's from targeted advertising and how are they able to get enoung information to be able to charge advertisters the higher rates for targeted advertising I wonder.