Sky VIP - diamond member for +15 years !

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 10

Sky VIP - diamond member for +15 years !

I just joined Sky VIP and have had Sky for +15 years and that makes me a Diamond Member and all I get is the option to view Sky Atlantic 24 hours earlier  - wow - what a great incentive to carry on with Sky - NOT !

Where's my visit from Emilia fox and Idris Elba ?

Where's my Sky Q offer ?

I know it's an advert but honestly - 1 channel 24 hours earlier than everyone else - and a channel I never ever watch. Look at my subscription - look at what I pay extra for and offer me something worth watching !

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 10 of 10

Re: Sky VIP - diamond member for +15 years !

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Discoverer wrote:
I consider the recent TV ad totally misleading, almost a con and an insult to the intelligence of people who are already members.

If you feel that you have been misled (and I'd agree the Andrew Flintoff & Jamie Redknapp segment is perhaps a little loosely worded), then you have the usual recourse to the ASA complaints procedure.

No it cannot be reported to the ASA because Sky is not actually selling anything - they are telling you of the (supposed) 'advantages' of being with Sky for a period of time and that period of time is something that they cannot sell and you cannot buy ...... it is in fact a ploy to promote Sky Q to already loyal customers, at an added price (do you see anything about this in the ad, no you don't) ........ e.g. the more you have spent with us the more we would like you to spend.

If Sky want to 'reward' their loyal long time customers let them give a 'long service discount'

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 10

@Rik8124 wrote:

I just joined Sky VIP and have had Sky for +15 years and that makes me a Diamond Member and all I get is the option to view Sky Atlantic 24 hours earlier  - wow - what a great incentive to carry on with Sky - NOT !

Where's my visit from Emilia fox and Idris Elba ?

Where's my Sky Q offer ?

I know it's an advert but honestly - 1 channel 24 hours earlier than everyone else - and a channel I never ever watch. Look at my subscription - look at what I pay extra for and offer me something worth watching !

You should get a free movie, a 1/2 price offer on a Sky sound box and a chance to get tickets for shows and sporting events that you don't want to see and are too far away anyway. Free fibre set up, VR app, Sky backstage at the O2.

If you are using the "my sky" app there is a row of dots in "today" to scroll through offers, often this seized up and will not scroll, use the picture of the diamond to scroll right, not the dots, there should be 11 offers.

Oracle
Post 3 of 10

@bob1234 wrote:

....a chance to get tickets for shows and sporting events that you don't want to see and are too far away anyway....

Smiley LOL

I wouldn't mind winning the trip down London to 'Meet and Greet Mariah Carey", as long as the meeting, greeting and concert is entirely optional.  I'd rather eat my own ears than suffer her 'festive anthems and classic catalogue'...

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 10

When I saw that after 15+ years I was a 'Diamond' member I expected to get more than a load of offers that were nothing better than either something I have no use for, and Sky from my account should have known that I didn't, a free out of date film, or the promise of tickets the getting of which relied on 'the luck of the draw', which actually makes getting the tickets a lottery and not an actual offer.

I consider the recent TV ad totally misleading, almost a con and an insult to the intelligence of people who are already members.

Oracle
Post 5 of 10

@Discoverer wrote:

I think Idris Elba may be bit busy to go round installing Sky Q and making cups of tea for subscribers, but apart from receiving unexpected visits from sports and move stars, everything mentioned in the advert is available to various different levels of VIPs.  If you feel that you have been misled (and I'd agree the Andrew Flintoff & Jamie Redknapp segment is perhaps a little loosely worded), then you have the usual recourse to the ASA complaints procedure.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Sound Designer
Post 6 of 10

I got a free movie and SKY GO+ for free. Now if they would offer me SKY HD for free or half price forever it would be awesome because it costs €16 a month for the HD channels here in Ireland

Runner
Post 7 of 10

If you don't mind me asking what does Sky Go + add to Sky Go ?

And I agree with you - Sky Q looks tempting but it's way too expensive specially when I already have the whole package. 

I think in this day and age of technical advances with satellite tv from Sky anyone should be able to 'tailor make' a package for what they want. I have to have all the kids channels but what for ? I don't have any kids so basically I'm paying for channels I'll never ever watch.

Sound Designer
Post 8 of 10

I meant SKY GO Extra.
Sky Go Extra

Enjoy TV from Sky wherever you are without an internet connection - download great entertainment and shows at home to watch truly anywhere.

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sky-go-extra/

Oracle
Post 9 of 10

@Rik8124 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking what does Sky Go + add to Sky Go ?

And I agree with you - Sky Q looks tempting but it's way too expensive specially when I already have the whole package. 

I think in this day and age of technical advances with satellite tv from Sky anyone should be able to 'tailor make' a package for what they want. I have to have all the kids channels but what for ? I don't have any kids so basically I'm paying for channels I'll never ever watch.

On the current bundle structure the Kids channels are an option, so you are probably overpaying.  If you have been a Sky subscriber for 10+ years and recontract for Q, your cost per month might fall significantly.

Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 10 of 10

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Discoverer wrote:

If you feel that you have been misled (and I'd agree the Andrew Flintoff & Jamie Redknapp segment is perhaps a little loosely worded), then you have the usual recourse to the ASA complaints procedure.

No it cannot be reported to the ASA because Sky is not actually selling anything - they are telling you of the (supposed) 'advantages' of being with Sky for a period of time and that period of time is something that they cannot sell and you cannot buy ...... it is in fact a ploy to promote Sky Q to already loyal customers, at an added price (do you see anything about this in the ad, no you don't) ........ e.g. the more you have spent with us the more we would like you to spend.

If Sky want to 'reward' their loyal long time customers let them give a 'long service discount'

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM