Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

Sound Supervisor
Post 1 of 7

Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

Was intrigued by this new fangled 'loyalty' scheme that Sky was offering. After being a Sky customer since 1994 (24 years), thought I may finally get something back in return LOL Apparently, the scheme is only accessible via an 'app'. I'm a man of simple means & tastes. I do not have a device that can access apps, and have no intention of ever doing so. Surprised that they can't also offer a web based alternative. Guess the 'loyalty' thing only applies one way...  However, I've always had very low expectations of this huge conglomerate, and they never fail to live up to that exceptionally low bar.

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 7

Re: Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

@StephenSky wrote:

Was intrigued by this new fangled 'loyalty' scheme that Sky was offering. After being a Sky customer since 1994 (24 years), thought I may finally get something back in return LOL Apparently, the scheme is only accessible via an 'app'. I'm a man of simple means & tastes. I do not have a device that can access apps, and have no intention of ever doing so. Surprised that they can't also offer a web based alternative. Guess the 'loyalty' thing only applies one way...  However, I've always had very low expectations of this huge conglomerate, and they never fail to live up to that exceptionally low bar.

Although there is no web based access, nor a windows app (a bad mistake), you can contact Sky who will register you and be able to process most of the offers.

Sound Supervisor
Post 3 of 7

@bob1234 wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

Although there is no web based access, nor a windows app (a bad mistake), you can contact Sky who will register you and be able to process most of the offers.

mmm... in the same way you can phone Tesco,  Sainsbury, Boots etc instead of using a loyalty card at the point of sale? I may not own a 'smart' device, but I'm not stupid, nor in the dark ages either LOL Besides, was on the phone to Sky earlier about this issue, from 9.35am to 10.24am - phoning Sky about anything (apart from an actual falult) is a non starter.

Boom Operator
Post 4 of 7

I did mange to get them on the phone to activate the vip as for claiming any other rewards therevis no point since you must have the app to see the rewards on offer.

they need to add the vip rewards to there website having it on app is stupid

Sound Supervisor
Post 5 of 7

Sky keep sending me emails to persuade me to mark this thread is 'answered' - it's not! But just in case they close this thread anyway it's closure had nothing to do with me LOL

Oracle
Post 6 of 7

The email you have received is sent automatically by the forums software and is because you are the thread starter, I very much doubt it would be closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 7 of 7

to be fair, i hadnt done the vip thing till i phoned to ask about upgrading to sky q in time for the christmas nothing on tv so will binge box sets time.

Not only did they activate my vip, they used I think it was 3 things to save me a load (from 67 quid + 9.99 on netflix) to 40 quid a month! so, the phone can still work Smiley Very Happy

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM