Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 17

Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

Was intrigued by this new fangled 'loyalty' scheme that Sky was offering. After being a Sky customer since 1994 (24 years), thought I may finally get something back in return LOL Apparently, the scheme is only accessible via an 'app'. I'm a man of simple means & tastes. I do not have a device that can access apps, and have no intention of ever doing so. Surprised that they can't also offer a web based alternative. Guess the 'loyalty' thing only applies one way...  However, I've always had very low expectations of this huge conglomerate, and they never fail to live up to that exceptionally low bar.

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 17

Re: Sky VIP - app only, been a member for 24 years!

@StephenSky wrote:

Was intrigued by this new fangled 'loyalty' scheme that Sky was offering. After being a Sky customer since 1994 (24 years), thought I may finally get something back in return LOL Apparently, the scheme is only accessible via an 'app'. I'm a man of simple means & tastes. I do not have a device that can access apps, and have no intention of ever doing so. Surprised that they can't also offer a web based alternative. Guess the 'loyalty' thing only applies one way...  However, I've always had very low expectations of this huge conglomerate, and they never fail to live up to that exceptionally low bar.

Although there is no web based access, nor a windows app (a bad mistake), you can contact Sky who will register you and be able to process most of the offers.

Camera Assistant
Post 3 of 17

@bob1234 wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

Although there is no web based access, nor a windows app (a bad mistake), you can contact Sky who will register you and be able to process most of the offers.

mmm... in the same way you can phone Tesco,  Sainsbury, Boots etc instead of using a loyalty card at the point of sale? I may not own a 'smart' device, but I'm not stupid, nor in the dark ages either LOL Besides, was on the phone to Sky earlier about this issue, from 9.35am to 10.24am - phoning Sky about anything (apart from an actual falult) is a non starter.

Sound Designer
Post 4 of 17

I did mange to get them on the phone to activate the vip as for claiming any other rewards therevis no point since you must have the app to see the rewards on offer.

they need to add the vip rewards to there website having it on app is stupid

Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 17

Sky keep sending me emails to persuade me to mark this thread is 'answered' - it's not! But just in case they close this thread anyway it's closure had nothing to do with me LOL

Oracle
Post 6 of 17

The email you have received is sent automatically by the forums software and is because you are the thread starter, I very much doubt it would be closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 7 of 17

to be fair, i hadnt done the vip thing till i phoned to ask about upgrading to sky q in time for the christmas nothing on tv so will binge box sets time.

Not only did they activate my vip, they used I think it was 3 things to save me a load (from 67 quid + 9.99 on netflix) to 40 quid a month! so, the phone can still work Smiley Very Happy

Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 17

Maybe I was too quick off the mark on VIP. At Christmas, they actually gave me, now wait for it, FREE OF CHARGE, the opportunity to download a movie called, "Arthur Christmas". However, they explained that they would promptly delete it on 26th December, so you better watch it quick.

So, we downloaded and suffered the first 15 minutes before deleting it ourselves. Of all the Christmas movies they could have offered, "It's a Wonderful Life', 'White Christmas' or even 'Elf' etc, they offered this bit of tripe.

AND to add insult to injury, the movie was actually broadcast on Christmas day on Channel 4 FREE!

This VIP scheme is simply CR**!!

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 17

The offer expired on the 26th but you should still be able to download the film if you purchased it for free before that date.

Camera Assistant
Post 10 of 17

Such a shame when folk don't bother actually reading a post before responding.

I did download it before the cut off date, it was a crap movie though I do know that's entirely a subjective opinion. Would it have cost Sky so much not to have put a deadline on it in the first place? Were they surprised that they offered a 'FREE'  movie which was being broadcast on terrestrial TV anyway on Christmas day? They should have access to their TV guide!

I know you are trying to defend Sky, but let's face it, on this occasion, their action is indefensible...

Oracle
Post 11 of 17

Sky probably arranged the free movie title several months ago, well before channel 4 released their schedule.

However, it might have been better to offer a choice of a few classic Christmas movies, but even then there would be complaints...

Sound Designer
Post 12 of 17

• Go to show how sky treat there customers they give us a xmas film that most people not heard of they scrapped the bottom of the barrel and gived us the crappy film they could find
Researcher
Post 13 of 17

Personally I think all this VIP is just a public relations  ploy to get you to sign up for sky movies or some other service you may not have. They know they are losing customers / business to Netflix, Virgin etc.  Who offer a far better product. Nearly all subscription services offer the same films, so price must be the main option to the prospective customer.

But not according to sky.

I am a so called Diamond VIP. But if they want to really keep customers they should start offering packages that really mean something of value to them. Not some cheap 'B' movie.

Over the many years I have renewed. I have never really got a decent offering. Just a trifling couple of pounds here and there. The market is becoming more competive as time goes by. SKY should do more. Instead of using the VIP to give 'NEW SUBSCIBERS'  FREE TV's etc.

Boom Operator
Post 14 of 17

As you say, if you dont phone up, Sky dont tell you your package could be improved, or, sometimes you are hesitant because for example you used to get F1 with HD.. if you changed your package in anyway now they'd have scrapped that and you would need to pay.

If the VIP got you money off something  that was sky package related (I can get a sky mobile boos, but I dont have sky mobile,  a sound box, except its 200 quid and you can stuff that, somethiung to do with the nba but I was asleep before even clicking to find out, sky vr, except I dont own any vr kit, tickets to cinema screens -  for films I wouldnt watch, tv show audience tickets but its labelled soccer so.. zzz, some kids crap, free sky setup - duh I already have the latest sky equip/etc, sports tickets..zzzz, backstage at the o2 in london... when im the other side of the country and and and, oh thats it), or, free current movies, or a % off your entire package.. or something

Camera Assistant
Post 15 of 17

@bugfinder wrote:

As you say, if you dont phone up, Sky dont tell you your package could be improved, or, sometimes you are hesitant because for example you used to get F1 with HD.. if you changed your package in anyway now they'd have scrapped that and you would need to pay.

That's exactly the same dilemma I'm in. I'm paying £10/.month for HD but it's a years old deal which has the F1 channel attached, and it's the only sport I'm interested in so if I change, I lose it! I've now tripped into 25 years with Sky, so being screwed monthly for quarter of a century you'd think I'd be use to it by now. But it'ds kinda like Stockholm syndrome, I'm captive, but just can't leave LOL

Recommended Threads
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
29-11-2018 09:29 AM
11-01-2019 06:19 PM