Sky Q contract dilemma - VIP Black Diamond Member

Sound Supervisor
Post 1 of 8

Sky Q contract dilemma - VIP Black Diamond Member

Hi, we recently discovered at work that our Sky subscription benefit (to the tune of £70/month) will be stopping in the next couple of months.

I am still in contract until March 2019 and don't know what to try to get my monthly bill down as I still have another 8 months at this package fee.

Cheers for any suggestions.
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Re: Sky Q contract dilemma - VIP Black Diamond Member

Phoning Sky when the offer on the account is due to end is pretty much the only way to go about it as they are the only people who can offer you future offers on the account but don't be surprised if they don't offer you anything as nobody automatically qualifies for future discounts but only Sky support can say yes or no to this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 8

@MPos1971 I would think you ought to be able to downgrade your current package?

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Sound Supervisor
Post 4 of 8

OK, how do you think I should go about it if you think this is possible?

Oracle
Oracle
Post 5 of 8

@MPos1971 wrote:

OK, how do you think I should go about it if you think this is possible?

Phone them and discuss it.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Oracle
Post 6 of 8

@MPos1971

The whole point of such reductions is to get people to sign up, on the understanding that reversion to the higher cost is scheduled for some future date.

They may well be willing to consider a package revision resulting in a somewhat lower monthly cost, as that would tie you in for another 18 months, rather than the 8 months you are currently facing, but obviously they want to profit from your subscription somewhere along the line...

If you are a long term subscriber (10+ years) and don't have Sky Q yet, a switch to that might be on offer via Sky VIP.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet) Multiscreen, Cinema, Sports, Box Sets, Yamaha RX-V375, BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), BT ADSL (17Mbs), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Sound Supervisor
Post 7 of 8

Yeah, am already a Sky Q Black Diamond (15+ years) so am hoping they may be of some sway for leverage

Managing Editor
Post 8 of 8

@MPos1971 wrote:

Yeah, am already a Sky Q Black Diamond (15+ years) so am hoping they may be of some sway for leverage

Yes give them a call, I had my subscrpition reduced so hopefully should you.

By the way the tier your on is just called DiamondSmiley Wink

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM