Sky Q / Sky App

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 10

Sky Q / Sky App

I’ve been a customer for almost 15 years. I have sky plus (would like Q). I get sky on 3 consoles upstairs which is free due to how long I’ve had Sky. If I had Sky Q, would that still be the case? Or would I have to get additional sky Q boxes? 

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: Sky Q / Sky App

You will still get Sky Go Extra free

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

You will still get Sky Go Extra free

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Oracle
Post 3 of 10

@skyuser1982 wrote:

I’ve been a customer for almost 15 years. I have sky plus (would like Q). I get sky on 3 consoles upstairs which is free due to how long I’ve had Sky. If I had Sky Q, would that still be the case? Or would I have to get additional sky Q boxes? 

Hi @skyuser1982 If you get Sky Q then you would still get Sky Go Extra free as It already part of your package however you would get more benefit from adding a couple of mini boxes as that they would give you access to your recordings from the main box. You would have to pay for the mini boxes though and also the £12 monthly multiscreen fee. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 4 of 10

@skyuser1982

Sky Go on a console is very limited compared to the range of functionality and channels available to a Q Mini box.  However, only two Mini boxes can be in use simultaneously (with the 2TB main Q box).

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 5 of 10

If you have Q with Multiscreen, not only can you have up to 2 mini boxes in use, you can also stream to 2 Android/IOS tablets too. They don't count as registered devices if you use them just in the home.

Runner
Post 6 of 10

We have had Q for 4 months now and it's a real pain. It costs a bomb to begin with, monthly subscription was no different but you have to pay for each mini box and the main box. Make sure your WiFi is good as you won't get to watch tv at all. We had to fit tp links to ensure signal reached upstairs. If your wi if goes down you have no tv or recordings. 

The remotes are rubbish, not ergonomic . It takes longer to search. I would say the only good thing about Q us recordings can be linked to all rooms. Everything else is slow and poor. I am going back to my hd boxes. It's been a waste of money and won't do it again unless they improve the service dramatically

Oracle
Post 7 of 10

I've had Sky Q now for 15 months and love it. No connectivity issues from day 1 with two Minis. I agree the original touch remote took some getting usd to but the later version on which you can turn off the touch functions if you wish is far easier to manage.

I certainly wouldn't go back to Sky+HD, but it sounds as though Sky Q is not for you.

Director of Photography
Post 8 of 10

@Kerry111 wrote:

We have had Q for 4 months now and it's a real pain. It costs a bomb to begin with, monthly subscription was no different but you have to pay for each mini box and the main box. Make sure your WiFi is good as you won't get to watch tv at all. We had to fit tp links to ensure signal reached upstairs. If your wi if goes down you have no tv or recordings. 

The remotes are rubbish, not ergonomic . It takes longer to search. I would say the only good thing about Q us recordings can be linked to all rooms. Everything else is slow and poor. I am going back to my hd boxes. It's been a waste of money and won't do it again unless they improve the service dramatically

Hi @Kerry111 What problems are you having with your SKYQ  perhaps with the wealth of knowlage on this forum we may be able to help!? Smiley Happy

Runner
Post 9 of 10

It’s just slower to navigate around the pages and not as easy to use the remote, which has been designed poorly. 

Try holding it naturally in your hand and use all buttons. The shape is not ergonomic. It is slippery in the hand so you have to buy a back cover for £12 to resolve this. A good second sale Sky. If you understand design you will know what I’m saying. 

Sky q is the only upgrade that is offered but realistically the only thing that is improved are the recordings even then we have trouble going to a specific time in a recording without it going back home We liked the old remote and boxes were ok. 

Sky should have others options to offer

Director of Photography
Post 10 of 10

@Kerry111 wrote:

It’s just slower to navigate around the pages and not as easy to use the remote, which has been designed poorly. 

Try holding it naturally in your hand and use all buttons. The shape is not ergonomic. It is slippery in the hand so you have to buy a back cover for £12 to resolve this. A good second sale Sky. If you understand design you will know what I’m saying. 

Sky q is the only upgrade that is offered but realistically the only thing that is improved are the recordings even then we have trouble going to a specific time in a recording without it going back home We liked the old remote and boxes were ok. 

Sky should have others options to offer

Do you have the 1tb Q box or the 2tb box?

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM