SKY VIP, a waste of money and effort.

Boom Operator
Post 1 of 9

SKY VIP, a waste of money and effort.

Hello, I'm a gold VIP Sky Member but each month I fail to see the benefit!  It pops with free cinema tickets which are at a venue miles from where I live and not available anymore and other stuff that's not useful nor interesting.  

Sky seem to be spending a lot of money on advertising this useless benefit - who cares about seeing a show 24 hours before it appears on the main channels?  

Sky, spend our subscriptions on better programming, movies or just discount VIP's - if this cant be done just scrap  the whole thing.

All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 9

Re: SKY VIP, a waste of money and effort.

agree with most of what you said, have had 1 free sky store film out of sky vip and like u say everything is sold out or the other end of the country, am in the process of changing my broadband to sky and i think i got free activation with the vip, but probably could have blagged that anyway

Oracle
Post 3 of 9

@Russeboy wrote:

Hello, I'm a gold VIP Sky Member but each month I fail to see the benefit!  It pops with free cinema tickets which are at a venue miles from where I live and not available anymore and other stuff that's not useful nor interesting.  

Sky seem to be spending a lot of money on advertising this useless benefit - who cares about seeing a show 24 hours before it appears on the main channels?  

Sky, spend our subscriptions on better programming, movies or just discount VIP's - if this cant be done just scrap  the whole thing.

Why don't you just cancel your membership, if it's of no value to you? It's clearly of value to some posting here, even if it's not to you.

Runner
Post 4 of 9

I’m a VIP Diamond customer and I couldn’t agree with you more. Absolute waste of time, effort and money.

If there are any benefits, which I don’t believe there are, Sky seems to have forgotten that Ireland (especially outside Dublin) exists.

Researcher
Post 5 of 9

Is a complete joke, ballots are useless and you have no chance of winning - if anyone does! How many tickets they actually have to ballot is questionable and as people say unless live in London not  worthwhile anyway.  Loyalty is supposed to be giving something back to Loyal customers, there is probably not many loyal customers that have actually got anything back and have little to no chance of getting anything. Cheaper prices on packages would be more beneficial. 

Boom Operator
Post 6 of 9

If you know how to cancel any subscription to VIP please share.  

My point is that Sky are spending a fortune on promoting VIP (media, ads etc) when actually it has very little benefit to a high percentage of the population.   The spending could be better spent, for example, £'s off Sky Store for VIP members, free line rental, discount on PPV?

Oracle
Post 7 of 9

@Russeboy wrote:

Just call Sky and ask to cancel if you don't value your membership. Pretty pointless, though, if you keep it real. Membership doesn't cost you anything and you don't know what rewards might be around the corner.

Oracle
Post 8 of 9

@Russeboy wrote:

My point is that Sky are spending a fortune on promoting VIP (media, ads etc) when actually it has very little benefit to a high percentage of the population.   The spending could be better spent, for example, £'s off Sky Store for VIP members, free line rental, discount on PPV?

The answer to your question @Russeboy is simple, don't go onto the app to check the rewards. That's all you need to do. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Boom Operator
Post 9 of 9

@Mark39 wrote:

@Russeboy wrote:

Why don't you just cancel your membership, if it's of no value to you? It's clearly of value to some posting here, even if it's not to you.

@Mark39 you seem to be missing russeboy point hes making the sky VIP brings no value to the  majority its the minority  - sky needs to talk with it’s local base and create gifts and prices that excite the masses! A muilty billion pound company and we can’t get some awesome freebies I’ve spent 10 of thousands of pounds. Let’s share the wealth and some great prices.

Sky Q plus 2 mimi box’s Sky custmer for 18 years
Recommended Threads
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
29-11-2018 09:29 AM
11-01-2019 06:19 PM