Refused Entry After Winning Event Tickets?

Runner
Post 1 of 5

Refused Entry After Winning Event Tickets?

Hello! 

I’ve just won 4 tickets to Disney on Ice in Sheffield in the ballot. Reading the T’s & C’s it says Sky give out too many tickets to account for possibility of no-shows, therefore winning tickets doesn’t actually guarantee you entry. Sheffield is a 1.5hr drive from me and I’d be taking my 2 girls who as you can imagine would be absolutely distraught at not being allowed entry at the doors!

Has anyone experienced being refused entry due to this? I don’t know if I should make the drive with a risk of being refused entry. Thought it was too good to be true 😔

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 5

Re: Refused Entry After Winning Event Tickets?

@RyJoh85 wrote:

Hello! 

I’ve just won 4 tickets to Disney on Ice in Sheffield in the ballot. Reading the T’s & C’s it says Sky give out too many tickets to account for possibility of no-shows, therefore winning tickets doesn’t actually guarantee you entry. Sheffield is a 1.5hr drive from me and I’d be taking my 2 girls who as you can imagine would be absolutely distraught at not being allowed entry at the doors!

Has anyone experienced being refused entry due to this? I don’t know if I should make the drive with a risk of being refused entry. Thought it was too good to be true 😔

I would be annoyed as well but wonder if it is a get out clause like aircraft overbooking, they do it but I have made many flights and never had a problem boarding.

Oracle
Post 3 of 5

@RyJoh85 wrote:

I don’t know if I should make the drive with a risk of being refused entry. Thought it was too good to be true 😔

I would look at this way, I think since the VIP program started and this VIP forum was created I don't think I have ever seen anyone posting that they were refused entry to something due to over-ticketing, granted not everyone would post on here but I think it is worth the drive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Sound Designer
Post 4 of 5

1) Its nice to here someone actually wining Ballot events.

2) Go very early and grab your seats.

3 ) Send them  to me, I live 15 mins away and actually bought tickest for my Grandaughter  but had to leave my other two girls out 25 and 18 years of age (but kids really when it comes to Disney)

You should be ok if you go early

Runner
Post 5 of 5

Im going to take the gamble anyway. Set off at 4 and get there in plenty of time. If we are too late and overbooked I’d have to buy tickets on the door to avoid tears and tantrums from my daughters, and the wife of course 😭