Newsletter emails

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 6

Newsletter emails

I'm receiving a newsletter on a weekly basis giving me information on upcoming new or returning series. I don't want to receive these, and I have all email contact preferences turned off on my account, yet still they are sent to me.

Anyone any ideas how I can stop these? I have tried using the unsubscribe option when it is available, but the latest email, 'Deep State', does not give this option.

Any ideas?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Community Manager
Post 6 of 6

Re: Newsletter emails

You can now opt of this newsletter under the Sky TV newsletter area within your Manage Sky here

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 6

Hi @NorthernApe

From what I remember reading a while back it might take a while for your change of settings (to stop the newsletters) to take affect. The only other thing to do is to set up a filter via your email account so that emails that are sent from the address they come from are moved to your bin folder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 6

Thanks for the info.

The email preferences have never been on, and still aren't Smiley Happy 

There are no changes to process, and the emails only started a few months ago. Even the Sky help team are baffled as they have told me that all email preferences on my account are turned off.

Oracle
Post 4 of 6

@NorthernApe

After next month, when GDPR comes into law, all such emails will have to contain a working 'unsubscribe' link ; )

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet) Multiscreen, Cinema, Sports, Box Sets, Yamaha RX-V375, BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), BT ADSL (17Mbs), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 5 of 6

GDPR= General Data Protection Regulation incase you are wondering what it is !

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Answer
Community Manager
Post 6 of 6

You can now opt of this newsletter under the Sky TV newsletter area within your Manage Sky here

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads