New sky q with existing discount.

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 12

New sky q with existing discount.

I’ve just renegotiated a new 18 month discount with sky.  If I now sign up for sky q as a diamond member of vip, do I keep that discounted package?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Re: New sky q with existing discount.

Yes, package discounts should carry across to Sky Q, but as always, check with Sky.

All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Yes, package discounts should carry across to Sky Q, but as always, check with Sky.

Boom Operator
Post 3 of 12

Does the existing discount (I.e. assuming you are mid term on that one) last the whole 18 months of the Sky Q contact?

Otherwise of course you’ll have 2 different parts of Sky TV package running with different contact terms. And once the existing discount had run out it may be difficult to negotiate a new discount given a Sky know you are committed to the end of the 18 months for the extra £12 for the Sky Q add on.

Oracle
Post 4 of 12

@1964+Shot wrote:

Does the existing discount (I.e. assuming you are mid term on that one) last the whole 18 months of the Sky Q contact?

Otherwise of course you’ll have 2 different parts of Sky TV package running with different contact terms. And once the existing discount had run out it may be difficult to negotiate a new discount given a Sky know you are committed to the end of the 18 months for the extra £12 for the Sky Q add on.

Hi @1964+Shot If your existing discount transfers over to Sky Q then it will run out on the previously agreed date however you will still be in contract for the term agreed on your contract with Sky Q. So you would then expect your price to increase due to your previous discount ending. However this may not be applicable if you agreed a new deal when transferring to Sky Q. 

Boom Operator
Post 5 of 12

Please could one of the Sky oracles answer me the following question.

Firstly, my current set up is Sky Q 2TB with 1 minibox. All services are with Sky (landline, super fibre) and I subscribe to everything on Sky except kids.

I have an existing Netflix account (premium 4 screen UHD)

When I used the Sky Q box to integrate Sky with Netflix, the following “please ensure all details are correct”

1) Ultimate On Demand £10

2) Sky Box Sets -£5

3) Netflix Premium £0

4) Netflix £0

5) Removal of discount on your Sky Box Sets for 18 months £4

Total extra a month=£9

I’m on some powerful painkillers (Dihydrocodeine & Diazepam due to serious back problem) so I’m a little fuzzy trying to get my head around this. The above saying Sky Box Sets costs -£5 is a saving, but Netflix Premium & then Netflix costing £0 is odd, but the removal of my discount on Sky Box Sets for 18 months will cost £4.

I know this adds up to £9 (roughly the normal

cost of Netflix Premium) but I’m not sure this is a wise thing to merge the two. Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Thank you kindly,

Nick

Executive Producer
Post 6 of 12

@Mika+Hakkinen  I am not an Oracle but was in a similar situation, I just phoned Sky and said I wanted to add Netflix but not pay any more.

I had to recontract lost legacy F1 (which I had never watched) and saved £24pm so it is worth talking to them to see what deal you can do rather than trying to upgrade via the box or links, after all if you don't get a decent deal you don't have to accept it.

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 12

Thanks for the advice my friend!

My problem there may be that I only called them & negotiated a new deal about 2 months ago. They suggested getting rid of the F1 channel, but as a keen karter with a few trophies & having watched F1 since the 80’s & been to a few British Grand Prix, I can’t give that channel up. That’s why the kids stuff was the only thing I got rid of as I don’t have a girlfriend at the moment so wife/kids will be a long way ahead of me.

I realise why I’d be loosing the box set discount I had originally organised would happen, but this means that overall, paying an extra £9 a month means I’m literally saving just 99p on my Netflix subscription.

Like other users, I find that my Sky Q box already suggests Netflix programmes, and as soon as you search for a programme, it gives you the choice to search Sky or Netflix (useful for films if you can’t remember who owns the screening rights currently).

So my final question is, bearing in mind that Inonly negotiated a new deal with Sky a few months ago, are they really going to offer me an extra deal now?

Executive Producer
Post 8 of 12

@Mika+Hakkinen wrote:

My problem there may be that I only called them & negotiated a new deal about 2 months ago. They suggested getting rid of the F1 channel, but as a keen karter with a few trophies & having watched F1 since the 80’s & been to a few British Grand Prix, I can’t give that channel up. That’s why the kids stuff was the only thing I got rid of as I don’t have a girlfriend at the moment so wife/kids will be a long way ahead of me.

I realise why I’d be loosing the box set discount I had originally organised would happen, but this means that overall, paying an extra £9 a month means I’m literally saving just 99p on my Netflix subscription.

Like other users, I find that my Sky Q box already suggests Netflix programmes, and as soon as you search for a programme, it gives you the choice to search Sky or Netflix (useful for films if you can’t remember who owns the screening rights currently).

So my final question is, bearing in mind that Inonly negotiated a new deal with Sky a few months ago, are they really going to offer me an extra deal now?

You can only try, it does no harm to ask, be very careful that you do not lose F1 however. Some people have managed to retain the F1 I did not even ask about it.

Boom Operator
Post 9 of 12

@bob1234 wrote:

@Mika+Hakkinen wrote:

You can only try, it does no harm to ask, be very careful that you do not lose F1 however. Some people have managed to retain the F1 I did not even ask about it.

Thanks Bob, I’ll give them a call & ask them about it & point out that I must retain the F1 channel.

Have a good day sir, I really appreciate your advice!

Boom Operator
Post 10 of 12

Just a little update, as I have an existing discount on Box Sets, I would lose that as Ultimate On Demand is a different entity as it’s all encompassing. So the friendly chap gave me extra discount of my Sky Fibre Max instead. I already had a discount of £5 and the biggest discount he was aware of was £5.99, so I’ll now be saving the princely sum of 99p a month 😂

He did reveal that BT Sport (like Netflix) will be partnering up with Sky to offer something like an Ultimate Sports package at some stage next year. This will stop BT being greedy and saying that your mini box requires another subscription. He also said Amazon Prime would be integrating with Sky as well, so things look like they’ll all be merging in the next year, which is good news I think

Oracle
Post 11 of 12

@Mika+Hakkinen

I would caution against believing that information about Amazon Prime Video: unless it's announced officially, it remains speculation, and as share prices are sensitive to such things the 'friendly chap' shouldn't be spreading rumours....

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Boom Operator
Post 12 of 12

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Mika+Hakkinen

I would caution against believing that information about Amazon Prime Video: unless it's announced officially, it remains speculation, and as share prices are sensitive to such things the 'friendly chap' shouldn't be spreading rumours....

Please accept my apologies, I didn’t think about the consequences of writing what I was told as you’re right, it’s speculation until it’s officially confirmed.

Aside from that, from a customer point of view, I think it would be good to have things like an Ultimate Sports pack that includes BT & an Ultimate (I don’t know what) that includes Amazon Prime. It would allow everything to consolidated in one place, under one bill. Sky would presumably get more customers from it & the third parties (BT & Amazon) would surely gain greater exposure & uptake if their content/apps were to be available on the Sky platform. Everybody wins.

That’s just my opinion though, I welcome anybody to offer their opinions as well. It would be good to know if people agree or disagree

Recommended Threads
21 minutes ago 03:34 PM
Oracle 3 hours ago 01:04 PM
4 hours ago 11:54 AM
dontunderstandtec 4 hours ago 11:38 AM
Oracle 6 hours ago 10:11 AM