Free Sky Go Extra

Researcher
Post 1 of 10

Free Sky Go Extra

I got an email telling me I can get Sky Go Extra Free but it’s not showing in the app for me to claim. Does anyone know how I can sort this? 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: Free Sky Go Extra

If it isn't showing on the VIP section of the MySky app then all you can do is to contact Sky support as they can activate it for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 3 of 10

@Nesslad wrote:

I got an email telling me I can get Sky Go Extra Free but it’s not showing in the app for me to claim. Does anyone know how I can sort this? 

Hi @Nesslad If you contact sky then they can look into it for you.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

Runner
Post 4 of 10

I have exactly the same problem. I have emailed Sky but over a week has passed without reply.

Oracle
Post 5 of 10

@DRB71 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. I have emailed Sky but over a week has passed without reply.

Sky Customer Support typically don't use email.

Contact methods are as described here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

Or use the 'Need Help' option in the VIP app.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 6 of 10

Sky doesn't use email addresses so whatever address you have found might not be used anymore so I would get in contact with them via a more direct route, like Twitter, Facebook or the phone and if you are going to do the latter I would suggest using the number that can be found via the MySky app > Fix a problem > TV > Call Us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 7 of 10

I have been in touch with someone and it’s being investigated. They don’t understand why I got the email as I’m only on the silver tier. 

Runner
Post 8 of 10

After my email and complaint I received a call from Sky email team on 220Feb. After verifying my details I was I then transferred to a technician who upgraded my account to include Sky go extra. A long winded proceedure which is not explained properly when the offer is made. 

Researcher
Post 9 of 10

As a Sky VIP customer, I got Free Sky Go Extra without any issues. However, it now seems to have been removed as it is asking me to upgrade to be able to download to my tablet! Contacting Sky seems to only be by phone - cost a fortune time. Why can't I do an online chat?

Oracle
Post 10 of 10

@Mary1953 wrote:

Contacting Sky seems to only be by phone - cost a fortune time. Why can't I do an online chat?

May not cost a fortune. Sky don't use premium rate numbers, just standard 03xx numbers, often included within the free minutes of a phone contract. You could try Live Chat, but it's hugely busy and you're likely to have a very long wait.

Edited to add: that's in the UK. Not sure about the ROI but the ROI does have its own forum with more participation from Sky.

Recommended Threads
3 hours ago 07:52 PM
4 hours ago 06:53 PM
4 hours ago 06:47 PM
6 hours ago 05:01 PM
Oracle 14 hours ago 08:37 AM