Cinema Tickets - overbooking

Sound Designer
Post 1 of 10

Cinema Tickets - overbooking

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to get 2 cinema tickets to see Show Dogs.

However, it does say in my booking that not having a ticket guarantees entry as they over issue the number of the tickets.

i was just wondering if anyone had suffered beceuse of this. i.e get to the cinema to find you can't get in.

if it's a very common thing to happen, i'm in 2 minds whether to go as i don't want to pay the travel and parking to find i can't get in and probably have to stump up a few more pounds to see something else to appease my daughter who's been looking forward to it from when i first booked it.

Thanks in advance

Clive

All Replies
Director of Photography
Post 2 of 10

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking

@Clive321 wrote:

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to get 2 cinema tickets to see Show Dogs.

However, it does say in my booking that not having a ticket guarantees entry as they over issue the number of the tickets.

i was just wondering if anyone had suffered beceuse of this. i.e get to the cinema to find you can't get in.

if it's a very common thing to happen, i'm in 2 minds whether to go as i don't want to pay the travel and parking to find i can't get in and probably have to stump up a few more pounds to see something else to appease my daughter who's been looking forward to it from when i first booked it.

Thanks in advance

Clive

Hi I have not heard of anyone not being able to see a film with the free Cinama tickets being over booked, I wouldnt worry go and enjoy the film! Smiley Happy

Oracle
Post 3 of 10

I can't say I have ever seen any posts on here regarding this and usually if things go wrong this forum is the first port of call so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I guess it is printed on the tickets just so they are covered should anything go wrong with the booking.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 4 of 10

@caesarome wrote:

I can't say I have ever seen any posts on here regarding this and usually if things go wrong this forum is the first port of call so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I guess it is printed on the tickets just so they are covered should anything go wrong with the booking.

The only time I seen a complaint was against The Kingsman Golden Circle and that got over booked. It was also in very few cinemas. Most of it was they turned up on time and found they could not get in and all over allocated turned up as well. 

Personally I never had an issue getting in and on occasions seen an empty seat. Getting the seat you want well that can be more difficult but not impossible. I think it will depend on the cinema and the of the film as to how many would show up for the film and assuming other companies not done the previews as well.

An Example Ready Player One which sky done as a preview the partner to which sky get these tickets also did a preview on the saturday before and Cineworld had done an unlimited preview the same night so it could lead to some free seats on the night for films in the future.

Sound Designer
Post 5 of 10

Well, i'm pleased to report, that my daughter & I, both got a see the film.

However, i do think this is something Sky should look into. the cinema was about 75% full. If Sky gave out more tickets than seats, then i think they need to look into this type of thing.

if you book a ticket and don't go, i think you should have your VIP ststus suspended for a set amount of time as i am sure there were some people that would like to have booked a ticket, but couldn't as they were too late.

Managing Editor
Post 6 of 10

@Clive321 wrote:

Well, i'm pleased to report, that my daughter & I, both got a see the film.

However, i do think this is something Sky should look into. the cinema was about 75% full. If Sky gave out more tickets than seats, then i think they need to look into this type of thing.

if you book a ticket and don't go, i think you should have your VIP ststus suspended for a set amount of time as i am sure there were some people that would like to have booked a ticket, but couldn't as they were too late.

My daughter and I also had no problems watching a film in April. The screen was nearly empty which makes me wonder if many people with free tickets don’t attend

I don’t know if the technology is fully in place to identify who has turned up and who hasn’t.  I don’t recall anyone scanning our tickets - so banning VIP members could be tricky 

Runner
Post 7 of 10

Hi

What cinemas are these tickets for one near me has 4 different ones Odeon, Vue, Hollywood etc would like to know before applying 

thanks 

Oracle
Post 8 of 10

@MariaM80

The listing for each film in the VIP app gives a geographical location of the cinemas where tickets might be available. Note that tickets are only available for a tiny number of cinemas: typically one in a major UK town or city, and only a handful at most in London.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Runner
Post 9 of 10

Hi  thanks for replying, 

Yes my location is coming up but there are 4 cinemas within that location so how do I know which cinema the ticket is for would be handy if they clarified which company of cinema these tickets are for e.g Odeon, Vue, Palace, Hollywood etc? No other information is available to find this out prior to requesting the ticket even the geographical information only says the city not the name of the cinema it’s for. How can I find this out or what company of cinema did other people visit? 

Oracle
Post 10 of 10

@MariaM80

I guess they are assuming that if you are prepared to apply for a particular city, you are also prepared to go to any cinema within that city.

As the closest cities are all around 100 miles from me, I've never bothered investigating further ; )

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Recommended Threads
06-11-2018 09:00 AM
09-08-2018 02:32 PM
21-07-2018 10:18 PM
18-08-2018 12:02 PM
3 weeks ago 01:44 PM