Cancelling after 18 plus years

Sound Supervisor
Post 16 of 20

Re: Cancelling after 18 plus years

@Pasty83 wrote:

I am in exactly the same position. With Sky for 10+ years and my bill for Feb was going to be £108 for TV, phone and broadband. (I don’t have sports). 

The absolute best they could offer was £78 and that was reducing my pack but keeping movies and agreeing to another 18 month contract. I couldn’t justify it so I reluctantly and sadly cancelled. 

I have heard stories of people getting super discount deals from Sky but I never been offered anything of note. It is such a shame. 

It is a shame, that you had to cancel, why is it that when you are a loyal customer and you want a better deal, they are not very helpful, my bill is over £125, month, I had been with Virgin for years until their customer support let me down, I would hate that to happen with Sky. There are other companies I know but, it is not the same.

Researcher
Post 17 of 20

Sadly I too cancelled last week after being a customer since sky analogue days, a house move meant that no Virgin broadband so I thought sky could fill the gap for broadband and phone and at that time give a refresh on price, the best they could knock off was £4 a month! The service agent was quite  abrupt in that was it and to cancel. To which sadly  I have canceled everything. New customers get a far better deal, I even said I'd pay the new customer rate, but not interested in the life to me.

Oracle
Post 18 of 20

@thompma you may well find more lucrative offers become available to you during your notice period. Sit tight!

Researcher
Post 19 of 20

@Mark39 wrote:

@thompma you may well find more lucrative offers become available to you during your notice period. Sit tight!

I hope so, but all quiet on the western front so far..........

Researcher
Post 20 of 20

@thompma Hi I’m not sure this will help but as a further update to this thread. I originally cancelled my Sky TV in Aug 2018. After I left I half expected to get the ‘magic’ phone call from Sky with offers/prices to return similar to those available to new customers, which is all I really wanted. I heard nothing. Ironically I continued to get weekly postal (addressed to the Occupier) letters from Sky offering deals at the price point I had asked for before leaving.  After a few months of these in Nov 2018 I phoned Sky and said I wanted to come back but wanted a Sky Q box (I had an old Sky+ HD box) plus the entertainment pack with HD.  After some negotiations I got all of that plus my unlimited fibre max broadband and line rental (which I had kept and was paying £25 per month) for £42 per month.  I like Sky’s services and will continue with them while they are reasonably priced, but after all this I have no illusions about being valued or  important to them.   Good luck @thompma  

Recommended Threads