Cancelling after 18 plus years

Camera Assistant
Post 16 of 57

Re: Cancelling after 18 plus years

@Pasty83 wrote:

I am in exactly the same position. With Sky for 10+ years and my bill for Feb was going to be £108 for TV, phone and broadband. (I don’t have sports). 

The absolute best they could offer was £78 and that was reducing my pack but keeping movies and agreeing to another 18 month contract. I couldn’t justify it so I reluctantly and sadly cancelled. 

I have heard stories of people getting super discount deals from Sky but I never been offered anything of note. It is such a shame. 

It is a shame, that you had to cancel, why is it that when you are a loyal customer and you want a better deal, they are not very helpful, my bill is over £125, month, I had been with Virgin for years until their customer support let me down, I would hate that to happen with Sky. There are other companies I know but, it is not the same.

Researcher
Post 17 of 57

Sadly I too cancelled last week after being a customer since sky analogue days, a house move meant that no Virgin broadband so I thought sky could fill the gap for broadband and phone and at that time give a refresh on price, the best they could knock off was £4 a month! The service agent was quite  abrupt in that was it and to cancel. To which sadly  I have canceled everything. New customers get a far better deal, I even said I'd pay the new customer rate, but not interested in the life to me.

Oracle
Post 18 of 57

@thompma you may well find more lucrative offers become available to you during your notice period. Sit tight!

Researcher
Post 19 of 57

@Mark39 wrote:

@thompma you may well find more lucrative offers become available to you during your notice period. Sit tight!

I hope so, but all quiet on the western front so far..........

Researcher
Post 20 of 57

@thompma Hi I’m not sure this will help but as a further update to this thread. I originally cancelled my Sky TV in Aug 2018. After I left I half expected to get the ‘magic’ phone call from Sky with offers/prices to return similar to those available to new customers, which is all I really wanted. I heard nothing. Ironically I continued to get weekly postal (addressed to the Occupier) letters from Sky offering deals at the price point I had asked for before leaving.  After a few months of these in Nov 2018 I phoned Sky and said I wanted to come back but wanted a Sky Q box (I had an old Sky+ HD box) plus the entertainment pack with HD.  After some negotiations I got all of that plus my unlimited fibre max broadband and line rental (which I had kept and was paying £25 per month) for £42 per month.  I like Sky’s services and will continue with them while they are reasonably priced, but after all this I have no illusions about being valued or  important to them.   Good luck @thompma  

Researcher
Post 21 of 57

Well with one week to go before contract terminates, had 2 offers, sky sports for £23, not useful as I don't already have sky sports so a net increase of £23 and a slight reduction on the entertainment pack of £7

Don't hold much hope.

Series Linker
Post 22 of 57

I got entertainment for £15 and hd and boxsets for £1 each so £17 month after cancelling in December

No discount on phone and bb so went to BT eventhough they were £2 dearer as i got a free £100 mastercard

Researcher
Post 23 of 57

Well at the 11th hr, managed to renew with the full package for far less than what I was paying for 28mnth deal. So happy that after hanging out, some movement took place.

Camera Assistant
Post 24 of 57

@thompma wrote:

Well at the 11th hr, managed to renew with the full package for far less than what I was paying for 28mnth deal. So happy that after hanging out, some movement took place.

Well Done, Glad it worked out for you, at least you can sit back and enjoy.

@thompma wrote:

Researcher
Post 25 of 57

I have had to cancel today after a similar number of years (joined back in the days of anologue). I had a deal running untill this month for £33, it was due to go up to £47 so I called to get a better deal. I wanted SkyQ to replace my sluggish old HD box and keep my F1. To get that deal the price went to £51. I was told my best bet was to carry on using the HD box and continue paying £47. 

Totally umimpressed by the attitude of the guy I cancelled. I said if this attitude carries on you will loose your customers, i was told quite abruptly that Sky has more subsribers than ever. That may be true but dumping on the existing customers wont work for long. Bye bye Sky its been emotional.

Camera Assistant
Post 26 of 57

@Toshmil wrote:

I've just cancelled my Sky subscription after 18 plus years as I couldn't afford it.  I've been paying £62 for TV (basic entertainment package & box sets), Phone and Broadband and was surprised that when I asked to cancel the best offer I was given to stay was £52.  I had expected a more competitive attempt by Sky to keep me as a customer especially given the deals new customers have on offer.  I would like to hear if any other longstanding VIP customers have had similar or better/worse expereinces when they have cancelled.

Hi Toshmil,

Are they really that Heartless? Don't you think there is a lack of empathy? It seems people have an I Don't Care attitude, I think that if you are loyal to any company, you should be rewarded, for that loyalty, We had the same issue with Virgin, We had lost service and had to wait for an Engineer to call, none came we phoned them and they said we had cancelled, when we did not, this happened a further 2 times, I lost my temper and told them to shove it, That is a classic way for them to act, but they lost in the end.

Camera Assistant
Post 27 of 57

@jazzy53260 wrote:

Hi Toshmil,

Are they really that Heartless? Don't you think there is a lack of empathy? It seems people have an I Don't Care attitude, I think that if you are loyal to any company, you should be rewarded, for that loyalty, We had the same issue with Virgin, We had lost service and had to wait for an Engineer to call, none came we phoned them and they said we had cancelled, when we did not, this happened a further 2 times, I lost my temper and told them to shove it, That is a classic way for them to act, but they lost in the end.

Heartless? Empathy? Loyalty?

They're a (very) big business, why do people think they're anything but?

Camera Assistant
Post 28 of 57

@Colin0000 wrote:

@jazzy53260 wrote:

Hi Toshmil,

I understand that they may be a mega giant, but, surely they depend on its customers? Same goes for Virgin, yet they too, are falling way behind for their blatant abuse of Customers, why then are they not punished?

Camera Assistant
Post 29 of 57

@jazzy53260 wrote:

@Colin0000 wrote:

@jazzy53260 wrote:

I understand that they may be a mega giant, but, surely they depend on its customers? Same goes for Virgin, yet they too, are falling way behind for their blatant abuse of Customers, why then are they not punished?

Blatant abuse of customers? Because they won't give people as a big a discount as they were hoping for? (not no discount at all but just not as much as they were hoping for mind)

Why are they not punished? Are you talking about the regulator or government? Hahahahaha.

I'm sorry, but you see some comments on here full of hyperbole but yours are right up there.

Camera Assistant
Post 30 of 57

@Colin0000 wrote:

@jazzy53260 wrote:

@Colin0000 wrote:

@jazzy53260 wrote:

Blatant abuse of customers? Because they won't give people as a big a discount as they were hoping for? (not no discount at all but just not as much as they were hoping for mind)

Why are they not punished? Are you talking about the regulator or government? Hahahahaha.

I'm sorry, but you see some comments on here full of hyperbole but yours are right up there.

Hi There colin, it looks like you took it in the wrong way, I am a loyal customer and will expect some kind of bonus for being a loyal customer, But some companies make it very hard for customers even if they have been customers for over 20 years, Companies who reward loyalty are now very far and few in between, so some companies do not deserve people's custom, which is why getting any kind of deal is too much hard work, when you think of it, companies also rely upon good feedback rating, so if we then slate that company it will lose business.

Recommended Threads