Discussion topic: new customer, remote wont pair and nothings avalable to watch

This message was authored by stacey3221 This message was authored by: stacey3221

new customer, remote wont pair and nothings avalable to watch

join sky stream today, couldnt pair the remote in set up chose set up later, tried since several time holding 1+3 and nothing, voice controle till says set up remote. also nothing seems to show under and channels/shows ect just get a message saying sorry there isnt anything available now

Best Answers
stacey3221
Topic Author
This message was authored by stacey3221 This message was authored by: stacey3221 Answer

Re: new customer, remote wont pair and nothings avalable to watch

all sorted now, i have no idea what happened, the option for the speaker was never there befor, a factory reset seems to have fixed it, maybe there was a glitch in set up maybe. thanks for your help 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stacey3221  Firstly take the back off the remote (it can be very stiff the first few times) and make sure none of the paper tab has been left as it can break off when you initially remove it.

Then try the full paring procedure as follows

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 4 and 6 together for three seconds IRR Mode)
  3. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds bluetoothh mode).  A connected message should appear on your screen, press continue and it's all done.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
stacey3221
Topic Author
This message was authored by stacey3221 This message was authored by: stacey3221

hiya, thanks for the reply, iv tried that still no luck the remote seems to work in ir mode not bluetooth. im gunna try factory reset shortly see if that helps

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@stacey3221 wrote:

hiya, thanks for the reply, iv tried that still no luck the remote seems to work in ir mode not bluetooth. im gunna try factory reset shortly see if that helps

@stacey3221 If it's working in IR use it to navigate to Settings > Connected devices and see if you can pair it to bluetooth in that menu.

stacey3221
Topic Author

nothing still, thats where iv been trying it, does the remote need to be paired with the tv. i.e volume control?

@stacey3221 In the same menu I referred to there should be options to "Control your TV" (this will setup your TV volume and allow you to turn your TV on & off with the remote).  There is also an option to "control a speaker system" ( for soundbars etc).

If you are not seeing these options it may be because you do not have the remote in bluetooth.

stacey3221
Topic Author
This message was authored by stacey3221 This message was authored by: stacey3221 Answer

all sorted now, i have no idea what happened, the option for the speaker was never there befor, a factory reset seems to have fixed it, maybe there was a glitch in set up maybe. thanks for your help 🙂

@stacey3221 your welcome.  The important thing is you are now up and running 😀

FYI there is currently an issue with the Discovery + app so don't be surprised if it won't for for you.  Mine seems to be working fine but loads of people are having issues.

Happy streaming 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion