Discussion topic: Why can't I go from Sky Q to Stream?

This message was authored by mikeamherst This message was authored by: mikeamherst

Why can't I go from Sky Q to Stream?

I am currently on Sky Q with Sky Sports and UHD. I have been told that Atmos is only available on UHD with Stream or Glass, not Q. However, I see my current package on Stream is actually cheaper at £52pcm, rather than £54pcm as I am currently paying with my discounts. However, the Sky website won't allow me to change to Stream - only to Sky Glass. While a call to customer services meant they only offered me a deal for Stream at £62, with ad-skipping and Sky Sports £5 more per month than available online. There doesn't seem anyway to get this deal?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Why can't I go from Sky Q to Stream?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think existing Q customers have to phone to order it can't be done online full stop 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@mikeamherst  You might be looking at the rolling contract option for glass which you can't have if in contract with Q 

if in contract with Q you can still switch but must take the 18 month option 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Are you signing up to stream not glass?  This link https://www.sky.com/tv/stream  is for stream, what happens when you place the order?

There is nothing stopping you changing but do be aware you'll have to give up Sky Q when you activate stream.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

mikeamherst
Topic Author
This message was authored by mikeamherst This message was authored by: mikeamherst

I have to sign into my account and then, when I try and order stream, it takes me to a landing page where it will only allow me to order Glass. Saying:

As a Sky Q customer, you already enjoy the best TV experience. The award-winning Sky Glass gives you the flexibility to playlist your favourite shows across multiple platforms and watch in pixel perfect quality.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@mikeamherst  Try logging in 1st then use the link posted above.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

I think existing Q customers have to phone to order it can't be done online full stop 

mikeamherst
Topic Author

Same thing happens. 

mikeamherst
Topic Author

Over the phone it's £10 a month more than online - £5more for sky sports and ad-skipping included. They say they can't reduce the Sky Sports cost to match the £20 quoted online. 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

@SKY1992bf  is correct you can't move to Stream online if you have Sky Q. 

You can only change from Sky Q to Sky Glass online.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
mikeamherst
Topic Author

But even if you call Sky it's more expensive than if you order online, which you can't do. 

That might be the case @mikeamherst but unfortunately us customers on the board can't help on pricing we just answer questions. 

If you are unhappy about not being able to buy online then please submit a complaint to Sky with the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints 

Thanks,

Tim

mikeamherst
Topic Author

And is it correct that Dolby Atmos is only available with UHD and Stream? Or can we get it on Sky Q?

Hi @mikeamherst 

Atmos is available on select Sports and programming via Sky Q

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-dolby-atmos 

Thanks,

Tim

mikeamherst
Topic Author

That's great - many thanks for your help Tim

No problem @mikeamherst 

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks,

Tim

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion