Discussion topic: Whole home subscription with sky stream

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Whole home subscription with sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Porter+gaz wrote:

they don't cover all by bedrooms I would need to more should they have sent them or would I have to pay for them 

'Whole Home' is a product brand name rather than a literal description...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Porter+gaz wrote:

Hi sorry not sure if I'm posting correctly 

but could you advise

i have newly ordered and subscribed'whole home' for streaming with ultra fast plus broadband etc

but I have only been sent 2 boxes am I being thick but they don't cover all by bedrooms I would need to more should they have sent them or would I have to pay for them , 

thanks in advance of any advice

You will need to order an extra puck for every TV you want to watch Sky on. The £12pm Whole Home subscription fee covers all pucks. 
Each puck has a £39.95 (non-refundable) activation fee to pay. You must return the pucks to Sky at the end of your contract or if you decide to cancel. 

This message was authored by Porter+gaz This message was authored by: Porter+gaz

Hi thank you for that

I'm due a set up engineer for broadband tomorrow but still confused as I have been sent the 2 boxes free no set up fee as I'm a new returning customer 

however what does whole home mean surely I could argue that I'm 2 short on the same deal what do you think?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Porter+gaz 

Whole home is just an additional service, if you need more Streams you'll need to order them.

Smarten up any other TVs you’ve already got with extra Sky Stream pucks and the Whole Home monthly subscription.

Plug the Sky Stream puck into your TV to enjoy your Sky TV package in another room. Big matches in the lounge. Dinosaurs in the kitchen. With the Whole Home pack, you can fill your home with unlimited entertainment.

With the Whole Home pack you can also watch on four devices at the same time on Sky Go and use TV from Sky on your games console.

• One-off set-up fee for each Sky Stream puck applies.
  • Monthly subscription charge applies.
  • Sky Ultimate TV subscription required.
  • Six Sky Stream pucks per account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-stream-faqs

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

You are taking the name too literally " whole home'" could mean that one main puck and a second covers your whole home.

Common sense I would have thought that any customer would realise they need a puck for each tv. I don't get your point. If you need another two pucks order and pay for them mate 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Porter+gaz This message was authored by: Porter+gaz

Hi my point was I thought they sent a puck out for each room

i don't mind paying for them as I have firecubes/sticks for each anyway so know how it works but been a bit thick when I see whole home covered just assumed they included 4 at least

so am I right in thinking the £12 includes subscription for All or is it each

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Porter+gaz 

The £12 fee per month covers all.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

thanks for that much appreciated

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Porter+gaz 

You would have subscribed to one puck and received the second free as part of a deal 

subsequent pucks are 39.95 each - you need one for each tv you wish to watch sky on 

you are free to call sky and see if they can offer you a deal for getting more pucks it's always worth a go .....

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Porter+gaz wrote:

Hi my point was I thought they sent a puck out for each room

How does Sky know how many rooms any particular subscriber wants television in, unless that subscriber tells them?

@Porter+gaz wrote:

when I see whole home covered just assumed they included 4 at least

That would be hugely costly and wasteful, with potentially millions of pucks remaining unused: remember they are on loan and so cannot be transferred to other users.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@TimmyBGood @Well said. This post is crazy 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

@Jason+Golding 

Some Sky+ and Sky Q subscribers make the assumption that Sky will automatically supply Stream pucks equivalent to the number of main box and Multiscreen or Q Mini boxes on the current subscription, which is not the case.

This message was authored by JTS+1 This message was authored by: JTS+1

Can you connect an echo show 10 to the sky whole home puk? I already have the streaming Puk and was thinking of getting the whole home Puk but I'm not sure how you connect devices (or what devices)  to it...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion