Discussion topic: When I try to use Netflix, the image is green.

This message was authored by Mandy199 This message was authored by: Mandy199

When I try to use Netflix, the image is green.

Green screen when streaming Netflix.

All Replies

This message was authored by Derek_Trotter This message was authored by: Derek_Trotter

Re: When I try to use Netflix, the image is green.

@Mandy199 wrote:

Green screen when streaming Netflix.

What are you using? A Sky Glass TV or a Sky Stream puck?

Have you tried rebooting them? Turn off at the wall for a minute then power back on and see if it's any better. 

Mandy199
Topic Author

Sky stream. I've only just joined and received the box. Yes, I've tried this multiple times. It occasionally work and then others not at all. It worked briefly with a different HDMI cable but has now reverted back to the green screen. I'm thinking it may be faulty? 

This message was authored by Derek_Trotter This message was authored by: Derek_Trotter

@Mandy199 wrote:

Sky stream. I've only just joined and received the box. Yes, I've tried this multiple times. It occasionally work and then others not at all. It worked briefly with a different HDMI cable but has now reverted back to the green screen. I'm thinking it may be faulty? 

Sounds like it could be. Have you tried refreshing the apps?

Press Home on your Sky remote, then highlight Settings. Press System management then Resets and updates and finally Refresh apps

The other thing to check would be a different HDMI port on your TV. Are you trying to watch Netflix programmes with HDR? Your TV may need the HDMI port to be set to enhanced or similar (it varies depending on the make/model) in order for HDR to display correctly.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Is your TV a Smart TV or do you have a backup streaming device, which can be used to check Netflix?

Exiled in HH
Mandy199
Topic Author

I have a smart tv. It's actually brand new as well and we've had no issues streaming Netflix until it's been through the sky box 

@Mandy199 wrote:

I have a smart tv. It's actually brand new as well and we've had no issues streaming Netflix until it's been through the sky box 

Hmmm, yeah that's partly why I gave up using the third party apps on my Stream puck. They're much faster and more reliable on my smart TV. I just use the puck for live TV and box sets now. 

You might have a faulty one though so if you want to persevere with it you'll need to ring Sky for further troubleshooting and then they'll arrange for your puck to be swapped. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion