Discussion topic: Unable to link account Sky Stream

This message was authored by Atho This message was authored by: Atho

Re: Unable to link account Sky Stream

The reset method worked for me. 

Had to hold the reset button in for some time before the flashing white light turned red, try holding the reset button longer.

This message was authored by WcM This message was authored by: WcM

Update :

Working now after full reset.  Similar to reset describe in earlier post, however for clarity :

- hold down the puck power button underneath and pull out the power lead at the same time

- While holding the power button down, re-connect the power lead, keep holding it down until the lights change colour then release.

- most likely you will see a message about updating, allow that to proceed.

- The puck will then go through the previous start-up process but on this occasion (for the first time!) I see my account name.   No activation code required at least for a single puck system.

Thanks all

This message was authored by Berlin2007 This message was authored by: Berlin2007

Unfortunately that didn't work for me, the engineer went through it it seems it's something to do with an update that they are stuck on ( I have 3 pucks but only one failed) if you click on your serial no in settings it is stuck on an update.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Berlin2007  If the suggestions above have not worked I unfortunately have no further suggestions.

However I would point out that there is a well known bug that if you go to settings and select 'Build Version' it will say that a software update is in progress.  If this is what you are referring to then the person you spoke to is wrong and this is not the cause of your problem. Although you can see an update message there is in fact no update in progress and this message can be ignored.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by jon721 This message was authored by: jon721

Good information here holding button down on puck till multiple coloured lights flashed updated software and rebooted then set up ! 

This message was authored by Kal This message was authored by: Kal

I managed to fix my problem .. connected it through my mobile hotspot and it worked when all set up I just switched it to the sky wifi ...

This message was authored by Nawilson This message was authored by: Nawilson

Thanks

puck now setup

Just as well this community is great as SKY are useless and the people helping here should be paid and not SKY tech

cheers

This message was authored by Baldybill75 This message was authored by: Baldybill75

Anyone having this fault and getting nowhere I have found a solution for me at least and doesn't get mentioned anywhere I have looked. If you have a VPN on the device used to register to sky then it doesn't seem to work. After I stopped my VPN on my pixel phone it magically worked first time. Hope this helps people.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Oh yeah some of Skys services don't work on some VPNs. 

I always try to ask people if they are connected to a VPn on a device if they report issues accessing My Sky or parts of the Sky website.

this is exactly what caused me to have issues when I was linking my Sky and discovery plus accounts (although surprisingly linking other accounts like Netflix had no issues) 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion