Discussion topic: Unable to link account Sky Stream

This message was authored by Harps246 This message was authored by: Harps246

Unable to link account Sky Stream

Received my puck today. Plugged in per instructions. Get a message that says unable to link my account, try again. When I try again same message. Message says I can link my account in the settings menu - can't find any option to link sccount in settings. 

Have tried searching this forum but seems most people have been able to get an activation code on their TV but then get stuck; I can't get as far as a code to input. 

Have tried turning it off and on again etc.

All Replies

This message was authored by Atho This message was authored by: Atho

Re: Unable to link account Sky Stream

I too am having the same issue, any help would be appreciated

This message was authored by Bdavbdavbdav This message was authored by: Bdavbdavbdav

Same here - seeing quite a few of these posts In the last couple of days I when I search. Is something broken? 

This message was authored by Berlin2007 This message was authored by: Berlin2007

When resetting my stream puck it gives me a number and asks me to go to sky.com/activate or my Sky but there is an error message on the website and nowhere obvious to activate on my Sky?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Berlin2007You can re-activate your Sky Glass/Stream by navigating to www.sky.com and signing into your My Sky account.

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate and input the code that you're seeing on your TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Harps246
Topic Author

Thank you for trying to answer but I don't get as far as having an activation code on my TV. I get a message over and over saying unable to link account try again or skip and link in settings. When I go to settings I don't have an option to link my account. 

This message was authored by Kal This message was authored by: Kal

I'm having the same issue and received my box yesterday have you found a way to fix it yet ?

This message was authored by Berlin2007 This message was authored by: Berlin2007

Still unable to link to my account unfortunately 

This message was authored by Atho This message was authored by: Atho

Yes I also received my package yesterday and still having same issue, very frustrating.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Harps246 To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Community Messaging Team who will send you an invitation for an online chat.

The link below explains how the procedure works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or the chat will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

If they give you some advise that resolves the issue please post back here with their solution as there are a number of others in this tread with a similar issue.

Harps246
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 thank you for your help.

In the interim I have called into Sky who walked me through a reboot of my puck and I'm up and running now.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Harps246  an invite to chat.

@Harps246 That's great news. If you can remember the procedure that you were given or at least the area where you were going wrong please post it so the others who are struggling can benefit from your experience.

I see they have just sent you an invite for the online chat so just reply that you have now resolved the issue so they can close the request.

Harps246
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 

Yes of course. Turned the power off then, holding the power button on the bottom of the puck I turned the power back on and after a few seconds the flashing white light turned yellow and red. On my TV I saw two sets of software updates go through and then it took me back to the original setting up. I had to reconnect my remote and then it took me straight into asking about a PIN and where the puck was located. I didnt have to enter any activation codes, the home screen just popped up and I was all done.

I have to say the person I spoke to was excellent, I'm sorry I didnt get her name.

This message was authored by WcM This message was authored by: WcM

Having the same problem, so much for ready to go out of the box. Contrary to message on screen there is no option under settings to link account later.  Tried the procedure above but I only see a white flashing light - no other colours appear.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion