Discussion topic: Two pin ariel

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Two pin ariel

• And on steam, go on YouTube  and search  unboxing  sky  stream 
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peter-marlow+1966 wrote:

No aerial  in the UK has 2 pin to connect it to a TV or stream, on the right side at the back is a female  connector on the puck it for the aerial  to plug in 

We all accept that there's an aerial socket on the Puck. But it's not active and doesn't do anything. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@peter-marlow+1966 Forget about the 2 pin comment - red herring. The standard aerial connection on the back of your stream box doesn't work 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

My Internet went  off last week and I watched freeview through  my puck on my tv so I know it works

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@peter-marlow+1966 @Can you please show some photos of this when you  are at home 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

The puck works the same as the glass tv, if you just have a puck, stream box connected  to your tv, unplug your aerial  from the tv and look at the connection  on the back of the tv and the puck on need to send a photo

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@peter-marlow+1966 that will come as news to Sky who have told us repeatedly the aerial socket on the puck is only active in markets like Italy where its a legislative requirement. It could be an error on the their part where a firmware update has accidentally activated it in the UK market but it is most definitely not something they have advised us. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

@peter-marlow+1966 nobody is disputing that there is a socket.

What NOBOBY on the UK forum has ever seen is the AERIAL ICON and a TUNING menu on a stream puck.

I think, after a year since release, it would have been found by others apart from you.

We would love to see he screenshot of where this icon and menu reside.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Chrisee  @martswain @oj01  In the interest of fairness i've tried to replicate my broadband going down and I can assure you that the option for freeview DOES NOT activate.

@peter-marlow+1966 As has been the case for 2 years now the pucks have never been capable of this function, as posted by others on the forum it is only the Glass TV that has this functionality.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

It shows up on stream, and sky glass when for the god knows  how many times I have said this you Internet  goes down, 

• Before you did the test did you  plug your tv aerial  in to the puck, and you Don't  activate  an aerial  

I work installing  tv aerials and Internet  cables in the south east

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@peter-marlow+1966  It would help if you tag whoever you reply to, but yes, aerial was plugged in broadband shut off and no option for aerial on puck.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@peter-marlow+1966 

I'd note that Sky themselves are fairly definitive on the subject:

Glass_DTTV.png

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-input-app-on-sky-glass 

As @Chrisee indicated, it's not inconceivable that a firmware version was released which inadvertantly enabled that function in the UK for a while (by definition such software must exist) but our point is it's not meant to be there.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

@Chrisee wrote:

@peter-marlow+1966 that will come as news to Sky who have told us repeatedly the aerial socket on the puck is only active in markets like Italy where its a legislative requirement. It could be an error on the their part where a firmware update has accidentally activated it in the UK market but it is most definitely not something they have advised us. 

@Chrisee 

So we have established, ad nauseam, that the U.K. supplied puck has an inactive aerial socket that is active in other markets.  Does this also mean that the U.K. puck  has an inactive, but installed, tuner?  Or is the tuner software based?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion