Discussion topic: TNT2 Moto GP content not on playlist despite being in Discovery+

This message was authored by DJM1969 This message was authored by: DJM1969

TNT2 Moto GP content not on playlist despite being in Discovery+

I have Sky Stream and for months now I have TNT 2 on my playlist to watch Moto GP. Occasionally the program that I want to playback isn't available. This is hugely frustrating and I'm trying to understand why this would be (as I understand it is simply accessing an app and shouldn't ever be missed etc)

Today for example I'm trying to watch the race from yesterday and it has both of the support races and warm up but not the race itself.

Can anyone please help?!

Moderator note:  Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky Stream TNT2 playlist not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is quite common for motorsports in particular on TNT Sports. It would appear as though it takes a while for the correct metadata to be uploaded to the programme when they put it on discovery + which is the reason it may not appear on the playlist until a couple of days later.

Just open the discovery + app and watch it directly from that.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

This is quite common for motorsports in particular on TNT Sports. It would appear as though it takes a while for the correct metadata to be uploaded to the programme when they put it on discovery + which is the reason it may not appear on the playlist until a couple of days later.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by ChrisWill This message was authored by: ChrisWill

MotoGP races keep failing to show in Playlist despite checking tick is there prior to program start

Am subscribed to TNT sports as part of broadband deal so get to enjoy MotoGP. We have it added to our Playlist & always double check on race days as live TV can sometimes be trickier due to  having '"Live" or the name of the host country in the title. Despite this, on more than occasion the main race has failed to appear in the playlist although Sprint, Moto2 & Moto3 races are usually there without issue. Very frustrating - especially as you apparently need to have subscribed via Sky in order to watch on Discovery +. Any tips? Never had problems with our old Sky box and sometimes regret getting Glass due to things like this.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: MotoGP races keep failing to show in Playlist despite checking tick is there prior to program st

NOT a Sky Employee

DJM1969
Topic Author
This message was authored by DJM1969 This message was authored by: DJM1969

Mark

Many thanks for this - worked perfectly once I had set up the Discovery+ app. Good lord it makes it complicated though compared to the old system where you recorded to a local hard drive and navigating your way around Sky is not easy!

Regards

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@DJM1969 wrote:

Mark

Many thanks for this - worked perfectly once I had set up the Discovery+ app. Good lord it makes it complicated though compared to the old system where you recorded to a local hard drive and navigating your way around Sky is not easy!

Regards

Personally i think the Discovery + app is quite appalling, it can be quite annoying if you have to find the sport you want to watch by scrolling through the all sports section, and fast forwarding the ads is awful.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Re: TNT2 Moto GP content not on playlist despite being in Discovery+

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this delay you sometimes see between content being added to playlist from TnT despite being readilly available on the Discovery+ app.

I'm looking for some user examples of this issue where you have seen the above.  When next you find this issue happening.  Can you please get me the following:

The full programme name as it appears in the TV Guide.

The date and time of the show.

A timestamp for when you see the content present on the Discovery+ app whilst it's also not present on the Playlist.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion