Discussion topic: Sky stream remote not working correctly

This message was authored by Olly72 This message was authored by: Olly72

Sky stream remote not working correctly

The sky stream remote is working incorrectly. When I press the home button it goes to the next station, pressing the back button turns off the volume, the + button now brings up the playlist. I took the batteries out, put them back in but still isn't working correctly. Tried pressing 7 & 9 and the tv went off then 1 & 3, the tv went off again. Only button that is working correctly is the on off button. Can anyone help please?

All Replies

Olly72
Topic Author

Re: Sky stream remote not working correctly

After reading some posts for others that had the same problem I have checked the batteries and one of them has leaked, only had the remote two months. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Olly72 wrote:

After reading some posts for others that had the same problem I have checked the batteries and one of them has leaked, only had the remote two months. 

@Olly72 Presumably you have cleaned out mess left by the leak and it is still not working.  I would therefore suspect the leaking battery has damaged your remote so it will need replacing but why not have a look at the following troubleshooting guides:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

If none of the above works then phone Sky and request a replacement remote (maybe do it anyway even if it does start working).

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Olly72
Topic Author

I've cleaned it out but the remote still isn't working. Thanks for the reply.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Olly72 Give the help guides a try and then call Sky and ask for a replacement if you still have problems.

One trick that worked for me a few months ago (it sounds unlikely but it can work) is to hold the remote and both ends and give it a gentle twist as though you were ringing out a cloth. It's worth a try.

Good luck

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by P_SG This message was authored by: P_SG

Had very similar issues.  The remote connected but the volume control wasn't working.  It then started working after some days.  But a few days ago the same issue with the volume control.  It also stopped connecting to the puck.  Takimg the batteries out or swiching the puck off and on again etc. didn't work.  Contacted Sky who sent a new remote which does work correctly. I think there is a large batch of faulty remotes that are being issued with the puck during the initial purchase.  It's hit and miss if you get a faulty one.  Many have given up the struggle to get the faulty ones to work properly and are putting up with them.  Don't!  Ask sky to send a replacement.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion