Discussion topic: Sky stream , honest review

This message was authored by Richie+Shilston This message was authored by: Richie+Shilston

Re: Sky stream , honest review

Didn't know this was an option until today, I leave SKY on the 14th of this month, with no mention of this by the retentions person I spoke to..

This message was authored by Elbow777 This message was authored by: Elbow777

I've been with Sky since BSB days. Have Sky Q but now also have Sky Stream in a work rented property. Love it, so easy to use, intuitive, great picture, no lag, UHD, Atmos, etc. Going to move my main house to Stream. 

This message was authored by Richie+Shilston This message was authored by: Richie+Shilston

Your review of stream is the most positive I have read to be honest.

This message was authored by Surfangel This message was authored by: Surfangel

Were looking into this. Do you know if you can add Sky Sports and pay extra from time to time? 

What sort of deals are there? Is it a contract? Thanks 

This message was authored by Mitch16 This message was authored by: Mitch16

Yes you can pay on a monthly basis with no commitment beyond that, however they charge you more for this.

Charged extra for no adverts, dolby atmosphere sound, UHD. Ends up being £60 a month with sports as well....

Yes Sky stream is no cheaper than sky q, even though their costs are considerably less. Dumping Sky once and for all in October.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richie+Shilston wrote:

Charged extra for no adverts

Ad Skipping isn't 'no adverts'

The Ad Skipping pack doesn't mean that you won't see any adverts. It just lets you fast forward through the ads using the relevant remote control buttons and on screen menu options for what you're watching. It doesn't fast forward ads in:

Live TV; or

Other TV apps, like Netflix, YouTube or Spotify.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by CoopsJC21 This message was authored by: CoopsJC21

Forgot to add... Stream puck likes to switch itself off at random times, sometimes after 10inutes viewings, sometimes a few hours, sometimes never. Also likes to go into standby mode unless I move the remote every 15-20 minutes.

I'm convinced our puck is faulty, would Sky replace it it I called them?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Mitch16 wrote:

Yes Sky stream is no cheaper than sky q, even though their costs are considerably less. Dumping Sky once and for all in October.

Depends completely on the deal you get.

For new sky customers the deals are incredibly cheap, and when i switched back in November from Sky + HD I was able to negoiate a deal that made Sky Stream cheaper than the renewal they wanted to charge me for Sky + HD or moving to Q

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I enquired about switching to stream from q before contract runs out. Virtually same price for same package. My biggest gripe with them is the "flagship" Sky Signature which you have to tag everything else on to. Total rip off, absolute tosh on there, not interested in it. 

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

@Moggy I don't have Stream, but my understanding is you don't need to record anything because it is permanently there!  Am I wrong about that?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Stephen+Mourton wrote:

I don't have Stream, but my understanding is you don't need to record anything because it is permanently there!  Am I wrong about that?

Nothing is permanent. You can't record as there is no hard drive, everything is streamed via on-demand/catch-up services so the shows are available for as long as they are on the relevant on-demand app ( and you have a subscription to that app). Some content is cloud recorded onto Sky's servers, but even that will only be around for as long as Sky have access to keep it. I've seen cloud recorded sporting events that Sky are only allowed to retain for 48 hours after broadcast.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@CoopsJC21 wrote:

Forgot to add... Stream puck likes to switch itself off at random times, sometimes after 10inutes viewings, sometimes a few hours, sometimes never. Also likes to go into standby mode unless I move the remote every 15-20 minutes.

I'm convinced our puck is faulty, would Sky replace it it I called them?

Once you go through the troubleshooting with sky and its confirmed thendevice is faulty then yes it would be replaced ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Good luck with that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion