Discussion topic: Sky stream , honest review

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream , honest review

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkGoldsmith  I have always closed the Apps since day one.  In 2 years I have probably only refreshed the apps 4 times and most of those would have been simply because I thought it was time they were refreshed rather than when I had an issue.

I also periodically switch off my puck when I go out.  I find this prevents glitches building up to the extent that they start causing issues (at least that is the theory).   I used to do the same with my Glass TV when I had one.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I'm out. I'm done. Sirry bug nond of ghe respinses are linked to my original question. Thanx so much but I already changed my tv

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm out. I'm done. Sirry bug nond of ghe respinses are linked to my original question. Thanx so much but I already changed my tv

@Anonymous  Your original question was answered in full within 11 minutes and you thanked the person who replied.  The more recent responses were to a question posed by @Loue concerning the refreshing of Apps and playlist.

I certainly agree with you that Sky is getting rather expensive, like you I am also a pensioner.  I have already cancelled Sky Sport and and probably going to cancel Cinema to save some money.

Good luck with your new TV 👍

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Thank you. I keep getting mails that are not relevant. Cheers

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I keep getting mails that are not relevant. Cheers

You can turn the mail notifications off for this thread by clicking the three dots in the corner 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

@Anonymous wrote:

This post reminded me of Officer Crabtree in 'Allo 'Allo (if you aren't old enough to remember search YouTube).

But seriously, I wish people would take a moment to read their posts before posting! 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@PSC133 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This post reminded me of Officer Crabtree in 'Allo 'Allo (if you aren't old enough to remember search YouTube).

But seriously, I wish people would take a moment to read their posts before posting! 

Some people have dyslexia. 
Please think before posting criticism of spelling and/or grammar. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Padam_Padam Excellent comment, well done for saying that

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Padam_Padam well said and well done 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by vinnyboy33 This message was authored by: vinnyboy33

Hi there I'm wondering is it possible to Fast forward adds on programs such as coronation street I know it means using itv x but if you're forced to watch adds without paying extra I guess it's how the advertisers want it to go.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

You can FF ads on ITV x by either paying for ITV X premium or with the Sky Skip adding add on at £5. This allows you to FF ads on ITV, CH4/5 apps and Sky programming. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Jason+Golding wrote:

You can FF ads on ITV x by either paying for ITV X premium or with the Sky Skip adding add on at £5. This allows you to FF ads on ITV, CH4/5 apps and Sky programming. 

ITVX Premium removes the ads, so you don't need to FF them.

This message was authored by vinnyboy33 This message was authored by: vinnyboy33

Hi again if i record sport will the full recording stay in the cloud or will it just go to highlights etc. i watch a lot of sport but record a lot due to workimg nights was just curious as to whether it will keep the full recordings etc thanks.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@vinnyboy33 

The 'recording' should remain the same, but only for as long as Sky retains rights, or one year.  Unlike disk recording there should be no assumption of permanent (for the duration of the subscription) retention.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mitch16 This message was authored by: Mitch16

Out of all they terestrial tv apps, itv x is the worst by a very long way.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion